“Beautiful, stay here if you can!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Alure Stanthorpe
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stanthorpe
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful, stay here if you can!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

Beautiful accommodation- will try to put pictures up so you can see for yourself. Fully self-contained little unit/ cabin. They've thought of everything including providing some glad wrap and oil for doing your own cooking. We had all our own meals in the unit including cooking our own pizza. The breakfast provided is lovely and very adequate.

Soooo lovely to have the fireplace and heated spa. Even in winter its lovely to jump in the spa, look at the stars then come back in to the nice warm unit.

Beautiful, quiet, private location. Kangaroos at your doorstep and lots of birds.
We loved visiting all the local wineries and just relaxing. Make sure you visit the Bramble Patch- best jam ever. Bush walking in the area is also great. Lots to do, but very relaxing if you'd prefer not to do much at all. Would be tricky to access if you don't have a car.
Lovely host if you have any questions. Spotlessly clean (I'm very fussy). Highly recommended!! (I've stayed twice and planning on going back again next year).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlureBoutiqueVillas, Owner at Alure Stanthorpe, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Thanks for your lovely review. We enjoy putting a lot of thought/effort into making sure the villas are spotlessly clean and are just right. It's the little things that can make a big difference for guests. Thanks for mentioning The Bramble Patch. It's one of our favourite places on The Granite Belt!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

My partner whisked me away for a weekend in the lovely Granite Belt region and fortunately picked this stunning accommodation for our stay. Upon arriving at Alure we received a warm welcome and a lovely gourmet breakfast hamper including local gourmet produce and freshly baked bread.

The villa itself is stunning, set out in the bushland out of sight of the main house (a few minutes drive), and surrounded by fields and native bush. Inside was as gorgeous as the setting, A modern, fully equipped kitchen, beautiful leather lounge facing large windows looking out over the terrain, and the most important aspect of any stay in Stanthorpe - a log fireplace! Behind the living room on a raised platform, a wonderfully comfortable king-sized bed, with a modern bathroom just off it. To our delight, there was a gorgeous outside spa, which was simply wonderful. Especially enjoyable with a glass of the local wine!

Little did I know, my partner had planned an amazing proposal with the owners of the property. While I was off having a lovely massage (arranged by them), they came in and decorated the room with rose petals and candles and also arranged a celebratory bottle of champagne (enjoyed watching the sunset from the spa). The room was absolutely breathtaking after their efforts and looked like it was straight out of a movie. It was so amazing, we took pictures!

We really appreciate the effort Ruth and Marion went to to make this weekend so absolutely unforgettable. We look forward to staying here again very soon!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks! We love planning a proposal! There's something about all those rose petals, tea light candles, dimmed lights and creating memories....warms the heart.
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

I stayed for two nights during a busy working trip to Stanthorpe but I could imagine how even more wonderful it would be to spend a few days here. From the very first contact with the owners, who emailed me in advance of my stay to ask if I had any food preferences, everything was great. The villas are in a secluded setting amongst natural grasslands and bush and when I opened the front door there was a lovely soft smell of eucalyptus scent. There was a full, modern, well equipped kitchen if I wanted to use it - I'm a food writer but n this trip I was eating out and was too busy to cook the great local produce - comfortable dining and seating areas and a wonderfully comfortable king-size bed. Everything about the villa showed hat thought and care and taste had been applied and a first-class building, finishing and decorating job had been done.

The bathroom was huge and well placed adjacent to the bed area - it can be closed off with sliding doors if required - and reminiscent of one you find in glossy house magazines, all in creamy whites and beige. The basin was generous in size and placed at a comfortable height, with plenty of room for toiletries. The thoughtful design extended to several shelves and railings for towels etc close to the basin. The shower was walk-in with a chest-high splash guard and a gentle camber in the floor for water to drain away. The villa uses an environmentally-conscious grey water waste system.

I loved the complimentary L'Occitane toiletries, especially the verbena hand soap, which I took with me when I left as I hate waste, and the shampoo and conditioner and shower gel. Everything has been thought of here, including a good iron (vital anywhere you go) and a small but efficient washing machine tucked into a cupboard on one side of the bathroom.

There was a very generous breakfast hamper supplied to supplement the tea and coffee etc available in the kitchen and I especially enjoyed the loaf of home-baked sourdough bread. It was just right: tangy but without the sharp bite that some cooks think sourdough has to have. I enjoyed it with some local Mt Stirling extra virgin olive oil that was provided in the larder cupboard.

The outdoor spa was good too: I enjoyed sitting in it with a (plastic for safety) glass of lovely Granite belt wine (Pyramids Road Cabernet Merlot 06) on both nights.

This place has much to recommend it, but the chief thing for me was the absolute country quiet. After several very busy days at a conference in Brisbane and then a busy programme of meetings in Stanthorpe, just to hear the soft sound of the wind and no other noise - and one evening the patter of rain as I drifted off to sleep - was an absolute balm. I found myself staring peacefully out over the fields watching how the light subtly changes over the green-grey landscape. And not a sound. Staying here was bliss. First-class bliss.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank triggerakl
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

We discovered our haven tucked away on a very quiet, and peaceful 50 acres, 5 minutes from Stanthorpe. Our villa was beautiful, with everything you could possibly want. Gorgeous leather lounge. Huge king size bed so comfortable we wanted to take it home. Bathroom and kitchen straight out of Vogue magazine. Automatic coffee machine.
I don't know where to stop! We enjoyed cozying up in front of the fireplace. However, my favourite spot was the spa. I know lots of places have a spa. But this one was heated and outside under the stars! They were SO beautiful and bright! Much better than in the city. We spent hours soaking away with glasses of bubbly. We didn't want to leave, but when we had to go home, it felt like we'd been away for years! A fantastic getaway from our normal busy lives.

Our hosts were great. They were warm and friendly, and were available if we needed them. Their house is at the other end of the property, so we had heaps of privacy.
If you are looking for a relaxing break away from EVERYTHING, this place is for you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple