Sarina Palms Caravan Village
Ibis Mackay(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$81
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Shamrock Gardens Motel(Mackay)(Great Value!)
$74
Hotels.com
Mackay Rose Motel(Mackay)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsanimal statuesmorning and afternoon teacamp kitchenhappy hourpizzaget togethersclean amenitiesgreat hostsmotor homesausage sizzledump sitethe main dragfish and chipsovernight stoplittle gemdennispark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have stayed at this park twice now, in September 2012 & October 2013. On both occasions we have enjoyed our stay here. The amenities are clean and tidy, the managers very friendly and helpful guiding us to our site. They have a chinese dinner night on a Friday night and invite anyone staying at the park to participate in purchasing take away chinese. They also have a nice happy hour area and those who are permanents in the park are very friendly and include everyone in the conversation. Most importantly to us they are pet friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy408, Owner at Sarina Palms Caravan Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

We thank you for your comments and hope to see you again as you are travelling through.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Last winter we spent 7 nights with Dennis and Judy who were both very efficient and helpful in every way possible. Can not agree with other reviews who could not accept the assistance offered by Dennis, my wife has to do the driving and she was rapt to have professional help into our site.
Yes the place is immaculately looked after and is a credit to them both, D & J. this includes the gardens, lawns, amenities and camp kitchen. They joined in at afternoon tea, happy hour and organised pizza and fish and chip nights also entertainment, we will return this winter once again.
Some people are very hard to satisfy, we recommend the Sarina Palms Caravan Village to all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank skeetz133
Judy408, Owner at Sarina Palms Caravan Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hello, We thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you next time. Judy

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Agree with other reviews about the owners/managers being abrupt and have poor customer service skills. Also all rules and regulations for the lawn is off putting. After parking the van hundreds of times in many tight spots I did not appreciate owner standing over me telling me how to park it. Maybe a help to some but not all.
Would not recommend to families as park is very small with no children's facilities.
Park not secure - anyone can walk into the park from all streets surrounding the park.
No eftpos or C/C facilities which is inconvenient and unprofessional in this day and age.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandra H
Judy408, Owner at Sarina Palms Caravan Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello Sandra H from Brisbane, we do appreciate your comments, but please put the whole story. You booked in at reception. You were asked if there was only 2 people and you said yes. You then paid for two people. Some time later it was found you had 2 teenage children. You were caught out. You were then asked to pay for them and your manner at reception was abusive and threatening and you stated you would give a negative report to other travellers about this park. Your manner was totally unacceptable as we pride ourselves on being accommodating and friendly.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This well kept park, with it flower beds and extremely clean amenities was marred by the manner and attitude of the owner. On arrival, we were told to drive around the corner and an employee would meet us there and direct us on to our site. He gave no indication as to where we should stop and my husband assumed we would be reversing onto site. Fortunately, I got out of the car and realised we were supposed to actually drive through the closest sites to another further in the park. This meant having to reverse the caravan back down the street and then drive over the gutter bridge. The man supposedly assisting was very little help and if I hadn't been out of the car, the caravan would have gone off the side of the bridge. This lack of direction continued as he attempted to place us on site and I had to take over after he kept trying to get my husband to reverse when the caravan wheels were jammed against the concrete slab. After returning from a drive, my husband parked across the front of the caravan and well off the road. The owner, Dennis, immediately rushed over and in a very patronising manner, pointed out that the grass was green and he wanted it to stay that way; we were to park the car immediately in front of the caravan and close to the road.
Next morning, as we were packing up, Dennis again came over, completely ignored me and told my husband how he was to hitch up and which way we were to exit. Dennis used his footwear to demonstrate the angles. His whole manner was patronising and we were spoken to as if we were complete idiots who had never been near a caravan before. He said he would be back to direct us off site. As my husband got into the car to reverse, Dennis again came over and attempted to tell him how to reverse. My husband said we knew how to hitch up and would call Dennis when we were ready to leave. At no time did Dennis even acknowledge my presence. When we were hitched, my husband called to Dennis, who came over in a very threatening and aggressive manner. He very rudely said he would not help us as my husband was one of those people who thought he knew better than anyone else what to do. His whole manner was very abusive and threatening.
This owner obviously forgets that customers are necessary for his livelihood and we, for one, will not be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mary23Australia
Judy408, Owner at Sarina Palms Caravan Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello, we do not have any bridges into the park only the normal cross overs. We help every customer to their site, but the customer told the employee to shutup and go away as his wife was on the two way and that was her job. The next morning, Dennis, the owner went over to see if he needed a hand to hook up and was told to go away in the same manner as he told the employee. It was his wife's job to help him do that. So he was then left to himself.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Located in a quiet back street about 15 minutes walk from the town centre with beautiful lawns and gardens. Assistance was provided with parking. The amenities are very clean. My only complaint would be the over abundance of rules and regulations, these are everywhere. For instance we were not allowed to use mats on the grass, we have a back door caravan so cannot utilise pads. This I can understand if we were staying weeks but for short term stays I think unnecessary. The Manager also tends to be e little abrupt. That said have no hesitation in recommending the park.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple