“Excellent service ++”

Starlight Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Roma
“Excellent service ++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great location, close to restaurants, supermarkets and shops. Ideal for travellers due to the petrol station right next to the motel. Evan though on the highway your not up all night listening to traffic. Friendly staff that ensure you to have a pleasant and peaceful stay. $140 a night for one person is a little pricey. Other then that, a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
IanB258, Owner at Starlight Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hi Harrison
Many thanks for your review. We are located on Warrego Hwy (bowen street) but I believe the solid brick construction certainly helps with road noise. We agree that our location is close to all the 'action' in Roma. Hope to see you again... Cheers Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My son and I enjoyed our stay, my husband was able to relax in a lovely air-conditioned room with a comfortable bed and watch tv whereas usually he spends his day off in his truck. We had a lovely family week-end together. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IanB258, Owner at Starlight Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hi Annette
Many thanks for your kind words. Apology for slow response. We have just finished a refurb to all rooms, so if you stay with us again, I believe you will find the room even more comfortable / enjoyable.
Safe travels...Ian
Tasmania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our family of three stayed one night in a QS room ($160). This is a standard motel room with 1 queen and 1 single bed, small shower, tea & coffeee-making facility. The room was clean and comfortable. Early morning noise from heavy vehicle traffic would prevent most from sleeping-in. However, as we needed to be up early this was not a problem for us. We were surprised to find Roma to be such an expensive stop-over-- with meals (breakfast and dinner) for a family of 3 ~ $250. We made a bad decision by eating breakfast at the cafe across the road (Blue shed) which provided quantity but not quality for ~$40. The motel web page does not have on-line booking and this causes a degree of uncertainty about making a reservation. It took several emails over several days to confirm our reservation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NE_Tassie
Main Beach, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very neat motel You can walk to town and has a great pub around the corner The rooms are a good size The accommodation is expensive for a motel room in a country town I guess the mining boom is pushing up all the prices

• Stayed August 2012
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Our room was clean, relatively roomy & recently modernised. The bathroom has also been modernised. Shower has great pressure & (thankfully) did not have an annoying shower curtain. There is no opening window (glass bricks provide light) but the exhaust fan works a treat. Vanity, mirror & sink configuration is a little odd as it is incorporated into the kitchenette. That said its functional enough & did not effect the comfort of our stay.The Starlight is positioned on the Highway but traffic noise did not impact our stay. You'll enjoy a short stroll to the shops, local Hotels & dining options. We would recommend the Starlight Motor Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wagga Wagga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

My friend and I stayed here on our way through QLD and found it to be a great place. When we arrived the lady at the front desk was great and really welcoming. The room was spotless and not old, it had a cosy homely feel to it, and the beds were super comfy. We would definitely stay here again if we come through the town, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank apc90
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I booked a room at Starlight Motor Inn for two of my staff members on the 1st of July 2011, ( a task I complete on almost a daily basis booking flights and accomodation for my staff)
When I rang to confirm the day before their stay I was told that there was only one night booked and that I could only have the room for one night. I was advised that the owners were away on holidays, (thats fine everyone is entitled to a holiday,) but my problem was I booked for 2 nights and was told that there was nothing that could be done we have no rooms available and to take it up with Bruce (the owner and the person I made the original booking with) when he got back. The care taker did find another room in a Roma Motel for the 2nd night which was appreciated however: Why is it that I had to move in and out of 2 motels? It should have been someone else who booked after me? Is it because I am not a regular client?
I am not one to write reviews but in this case I felt the need too as I was extremely disapointed with the level of service that was provided to me over this issue.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Customer044
starlightmotorinn, Owner at Starlight Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
We apologise that we made an error with your original booking. We have confirmed that this review has been made by the booking agent not the guest who stayed. We accept the criticism re booking error, but are pleased that the guest staying was found a motel room by our manager. This booking was the last booking made and the options mentioned re moving other guests were seriously considered but due to a high volume of guests staying on at that particular time, we were unable to relocate another guest. The comments re other aspects of the business re cleanliness, sleep quality did not come from the actual guests who stayed. Hence we feel are unfair as we are an extremely clean, comfortable and restful motel. We have actually contacted the guest who stayed and the guest was happy with the room. Apologies again for our original booking error.