“A lovely place”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Roma
Wagga Wagga
“A lovely place”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My friend and I stayed here on our way through QLD and found it to be a great place. When we arrived the lady at the front desk was great and really welcoming. The room was spotless and not old, it had a cosy homely feel to it, and the beds were super comfy. We would definitely stay here again if we come through the town, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank apc90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I booked a room at Starlight Motor Inn for two of my staff members on the 1st of July 2011, ( a task I complete on almost a daily basis booking flights and accomodation for my staff)
When I rang to confirm the day before their stay I was told that there was only one night booked and that I could only have the room for one night. I was advised that the owners were away on holidays, (thats fine everyone is entitled to a holiday,) but my problem was I booked for 2 nights and was told that there was nothing that could be done we have no rooms available and to take it up with Bruce (the owner and the person I made the original booking with) when he got back. The care taker did find another room in a Roma Motel for the 2nd night which was appreciated however: Why is it that I had to move in and out of 2 motels? It should have been someone else who booked after me? Is it because I am not a regular client?
I am not one to write reviews but in this case I felt the need too as I was extremely disapointed with the level of service that was provided to me over this issue.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Customer044
starlightmotorinn, Owner at Starlight Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
We apologise that we made an error with your original booking. We have confirmed that this review has been made by the booking agent not the guest who stayed. We accept the criticism re booking error, but are pleased that the guest staying was found a motel room by our manager. This booking was the last booking made and the options mentioned re moving other guests were seriously considered but due to a high volume of guests staying on at that particular time, we were unable to relocate another guest. The comments re other aspects of the business re cleanliness, sleep quality did not come from the actual guests who stayed. Hence we feel are unfair as we are an extremely clean, comfortable and restful motel. We have actually contacted the guest who stayed and the guest was happy with the room. Apologies again for our original booking error.
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Bruce and Mary Tannock are wonderful hosts! Originally there was no family room available but Bruce juggled things around and fitted us in. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable and it was situated at the back of the Hotel so was very quiet. If ever we are in Roma again, we will certainly be ringing Bruce and Mary.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room towards the back!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We constantly strive to ensure that all of our guests are made to feel welcome and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you all on your next trip to Roma.

We are so glad we could be of Service to your family!
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Travelling so much for business these days can be tiring and wear you out. The management and owners at Starlight Motor Inn have always made my trips so much easier. There is always such a warm welcome and nothing is ever too much trouble. The atmosphere of the motel makes you just feel at home. The rooms are maintained to the highest standard and the meals have also always been beautiful. I have stayed in other motels in the area and although they are good I will always go back to the Starlight if possible for the comfort and atmosphere where you are always met with a smile. I have also observed the owners treat each guest (whether they are a regular guest or just passing through) with the upmost respect and will do everything they can to make their stay enjoyable.
10/10!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AnnD1701
starlightmotorinn, Owner at Starlight Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
We are pleased that you enjoy your stays with us.

Our mission to respect the privacy and comfort of each and every guest is the pride of our establishment. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future when we guarantee to continue to provide you with our high level of service and facilities.
brisbane australia
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I booked a 2 bedroom room weeks in advance. It was $ 160 which was very dear ($135 at the Club Hotel Motel in Chinchilla for the same type or room) but it suited me to stay in Roma because the distance from Brisbane (about 450 kms) fitted in with my trip.
The room was fine but I was woken very early in the morning by constant noise from the next unit. When the person eventually emerged from his room about 6.45 I gave him a mouthful. He did not apolgise. When the female owner arrived I asked her why she put him in a room next to us knowing that he would be going early but we would not be leaving until about 9.00 am, which I had told her earlier. Then the male owner turned up to berate me for complaining to his wife.
Later when I went to the office to pay the male owner told me he had rang the occupier of the other room who said he was on his mobile phone from about 5.00am. It was way earlier than that, I guess about 4.00 am. He called this person by his first name and it turned out that he was an employee of a road construction company and was a regular customer along with a number of others. I chose not to say any more to the owner because I could see it was pointless and this was only my first stay of many on my holiday. I was never told why they chose to put this person in the room next to us. The answer is because it suited them - maybe its his regular room.
So the message is do not stay here if you want a decent sleep because the owners will favour their regular construction worker customers over you and dont seem to care if they bother the one-nighter like me. My only comeback was not to stay there on the return journey, which I didnt, and to write this review.
All any traveller wants from a motel is a good sleep. This place failed dismally in this regard.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paulo556
Guest Comfort is our number one Priority at the Starlight. You do get a good nights sleep at the Starlight.

We treat all of our guests with absolute respect and especially respect the privacy and comfort of each and every guest. We are deeply upset by these comments and would have apprecated having been informed directly of a probem. All complaints (these are few and far between) are acted upon immediately. In this case, instead of a complaint being made, verbal abuse was thrown at management and other guests without consultation.

Our high occupancy of repeat travelling and corporate clientele is testament to our mission to supply excellent accommodation for a good night's sleep.
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This was not the first time that we had stayed at the Starlight in Roma, but as in the past our stay was great.
Over recent years, Mary and Bruce have updated many of the rooms to a much better standard and it was a pleasure to stay with them.
Close to the shops and all other amenities, the Starlight is an ideal staging post if travelling through to the or mining towns of Queensland.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 9 or 10 (further from the road)
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chakola
Guest comfort and convenience is our number one priority at the Starlight Motor Inn. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Starlight stay. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.