“Good Pick in Western Queensland”

Roma Explorers Inn Motel & Function Centre
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Roma
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at the Explorer's Inn for one night while in Roma for work. The room was very spacious, clean and everything that I needed for the night. The staff were very welcoming and I really appreciated the amenities kit in the bathroom, which was much more generous than some city hotels I've stayed in.

While not an issue earlier in the day, I noticed an 'off' smell with the water when I had shower later in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Travelling with two teenagers and booking a family room can be a gamble, but this hotel proved to be a winner. The kids had a separate bedroom with their own TV and we had plenty of room to relax without being on top of each other. It was clean and had a huge bathroom and extra towel, which I love. Friendly reception staff on checkin which is always appreciated. Very happy we chose to stay here on our road trip out to Western Qld.

Room Tip: all rooms are back from the road so I don't think there would be a problem with any of the rooms...
Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2014

What a surprise in a small country town! This is a large motel complex (don't know why it is listed under B&B). It is spotlessly clean, the rooms are large. It is very quiet, both in terms of street noise and noise from adjoining rooms. And the staff are very friendly and helpful.

I stayed two nights for work and would happily stay again. A very pleasant stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed there for business over the past two nights and found it to be very comfortable. The rooms are large and clean and the bed comfortable. Considering the size of the property,around 120 rooms, it's quiet. There are a lot of 4x4 vehicles due to the miming and gas but guests are requested to reverse into their car park if they have reversing beeps, so you aren't disturbed in the morning. I had great sleeps. It's not in the main part of town... About 500m past the main area. If you're planning on going book early, it's very busy out there and you might find yourself with nowhere to stay. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Professional checkin and departure formalities.
Spotlessly clean and modern room. All the amenities both in the room and on site that a holiday traveller or a buisness client could want.
Good value, high quality buffet breakfast.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My boss and I stayed here for 2 weeks for work. The restaurant alone is worth staying for. It is one of the finer restaurants ive eaten in my travels. The staff are great - special mention goes out to tiffany who was always very accomodating... the rooms and hotel staff are also great. Stay here if you are in roma!!

• Stayed: March 2014
RomaTeam, General Manager at Roma Explorers Inn Motel & Function Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience staying with us. I will ensure Tiffany receives a copy of your feedback - it is always nice to receive positive comments from outside the "firm"

Reviewed February 12, 2014

After having a not so pleasant experience at The Best Western across the road, I was in heaven at Explorers Inn. The room was spacious and immaculately clean, comfortable and modern. The restaurant was the best experience I have ever had in such a long time. I had just checked in and went into to the restaurant to inquire about getting a table, rather busy it was. The gentleman explained how busy it was at the time and he could get me seated in about 30 minutes, No problem, went and unpacked and sent a few emails and came back. The manager saw me at the door and came rushing out and seated me straight away and offered me a drink that I had inquired about when i came in earlier, nice one. He explained the specials and told me that my waitress would be here shortly to look after me and off he went again rushing around.

To cut a long story short, the girls were extremely lovely and helpful, the food divine and the professionalism, service and friendliness of the manager was the best I have experienced in a restaurant in years.The place was extremely well run and very busy.

Thank you Joe and your team for quite an experience and thank you Explorers Inn for a most memorable stay. I will be telling my manager to always book here from now on.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you Gloria for your kind words. I would just like to correct your heading - the motel across the road from us is the Overlander Homestead, a Quality Inn branded motel. The Best Western is further down the street from us. We are delighted to have met your needs during your stay in Roma and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.