“Birds Birds Birds”

Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birds Birds Birds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had the good fortune to find Del's Fine Feather Tours online when looking for a birding experience post 2012 Solar Eclipse in Port Douglas. Del provided comfortable travel, plenty of food & comfort stops but most importantly, experience & knowledge in finding/attracting almost 100 birds during the trip!

From the common to the rare & secretive, Del brought so many birds from Far North Queensland to my binoculars in nine hours that would've taken me a couple of lifetimes to find by myself.

If birds are your bag, can't recommend highly enough.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TedSydney

Glens Falls, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best bang for Birdwachers' buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I got "stuck" in Australia after ash cloud from volcano in Chile cancelled my flight back to USA. Went to travel agencies in Cairns asking for a bird-watching tour, was finally referred to Del Richard's Fine Feather Tours and he had room for me to join another couple the next day. This full day tour included multiple and various bird habitats, starting with the environs of Port Douglas, then crossing the Great Divide Mountains through rainforest, and down on the western side to savannah-type habitat at the edge of the outback. Del located about 90 different species for us on that one day! He also provided excellent binoculars, and lunch was included. I was thrilled with the addition of so many new birds to my life list! Del's amazing knowledge of birds, wildlife, and the environment, as well as his friendliness and personal, small groups made this the highlight of my 2.5 weeks in Australia! From Melbourne (including the Penguin Parade and Koala Center on Phillip Island), to Sydney, and finally Cairns (Great Barrier Reef trip, Tropical Horizons Day Tour on Kuranda Railway, Skyrail, and Rainforest Station Nature Park), FIne Feather Tours was by far the most exciting and educational for me and the best value for the buck! If I'm fortunate enough to get back to Australia again, I will take another one of Del's tours!

Visited June 2011