“great tour”

Book In Advance
More Info
$1,224.29*
and up
3-Day Far North Queensland: Atherton Tablelands...
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Mossman
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Our family of 6 took this tour and all found it really interesting and enjoyable. We learnt a lot about the forest and heard some great stories from our lovely guide. The tea and damper was good too.

All reviews
"shuttle bus"
"great tour"
"small group"

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Thanks so much to our guide Mooks the shaman for sharing his nowledge about trees and plants during the walk around the rainforest. So informative and beautiful walk.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I've been to the gorge a few times now, the last of which I finally took the Dreamtime tour. Our group was really small (only 4 people), but even then we were told it might take around an hour and we ended up spending more than 2, which our guides were only too happy to let us do! They really took the time to answer all of our questions and were very passionate talking about their family history.
The guides really do all have different stories and different styles, so I could easily do this tour again and get a different experience and learn more again with another guide. Male guides may have extra information for male-only groups, female guides might have extra information for female groups. I'm not sure - as my guides were male, so there are things about certain cultural aspects that they wouldn't share in the company of women (which personally, I found really interesting, and in my opinion they have a lot of integrity to keep those traditional rules going). But I imagine it would be the same situation reversed for the female guides -- I'm really curious to find out the extra cultural points the male guides didn't know!

Reading some of these reviews, looks like I'll have to book with Mooksy next time! I've heard great things about him from people in passing at the gorge, and online.
Well worth every penny for me, and in fact, well worth every penny to go again.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Spent a few hours exploring the Mossman Gorge with a cultural lense. It was interesting however lacked a bit of depth and felt somewhat superficial. Jenny and Sharleena were lovely. Damper and cup of tea was yum.

1  Thank ediths896
See more reviews
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Very well organized tour of parts of Mossman gorge along with explanation of the aboriginal culture. Run by aboriginals.
It started with a welcoming smoke ceremony. We then got to walk through some rainforest and have our tour guide show us how boomerangs and shield were made from tree roots, how body paint was made from rocks and soap from leaves. We saw an ancient grinding/cracking stone, had a didgeridoo demonstration with tea served at the end.
The tour guide was very friendly, patient and informative.
Overall a very educational and cultural experience.

1  Thank travel2dive