“Fun in the mud”

Australian Muster Experience
Ranked #10 of 14 things to do in Mossman
More attraction details
Owner description: The spirit of wild outback Australia stretches out before you, and the courage and determination of the men and women who carve their lives from the bush is celebrated at the Australian Muster Experience. Views to Port Douglas (35 min’s drive sth) and the stunning backdrop of the Daintree rainforest greet arrivals to this beautiful cattle station. Open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday’s and offering the Stockman’s Lunch Muster or the Grand Outback Muster all inclusive of meals and entertainment.
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Really good fun in the wet and muddy tracks. Staff were really friendly.We did the "Rumble in the jungle" with lunch, which was really good fun for the whole family and great value for money!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Such a fun way to see the Aussie outback meet the rainforest in Northern QLD. Dad, my brother (16) and I (18) jumped on the quad bikes and were lucky enough to be the only ones on tour, which meant we could rip through the terrain at our own pace, (slowed down by myself of course). After testing out the bikes on easy terrain we moved into the more difficult and challenging areas into the rainforest - riding through the creek in the rainforest was my absolute favourite! Special thanks to our funny and friendly guides Matt and Clive who were more than happy to take photos for us, helped us when we were bogged and stuck and for making sure we went home very muddy! We came back for the show on that night which featured a BBQ buffet dinner - absolute value for money, and the show was fantastic - bull rides and a glimpse of staff breaking in a wild brumby - fascinating! Definitely the highlight of my holiday.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited Daintree Station with my wife to undertake the horse riding experience.

I had no experience riding horses and wife in show jumping. Suitable horses were selection and some quick tuition and we right to go.

Started easy through cleared areas to adjust to the horse but then gradually more challenging.

Unbelievable views the whole way before going into the rainforest on narrow tracks and over more challenging and interesting terrain.

A fantastic way to see the fauna and different areas of the daintree on horseback.

Guide friendly as were all the staff.

1  Thank Green_Hornet_67
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a wonderful day in the daintree rainforest setting. We did horse riding in the morning and quad biking on the afternoon with a lovely bbq lunch inbetween. Would recommend to everyone. Our guides were so friendly.A great day trip from port douglas. My daughter is considering this as her wedding venue as the venue has such beautiful views and a real rustic cowboy theme. You have to see it to understand how well it works.

1  Thank Jolie H
See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2013

WORST SHOW EVER! We coughed up money to come & see this show & was apparently highly recommended? said it would go for 3hrs....well went for 1,5hrs if that.I wont be recommending it to anyone anytime soon. We got there & where greeted by some nice people on horse back & then sat down to listen to some fella sing some songs(pretty ordinary), the show kicked off with a few little things & then lunch was on.

BBQ Buffett was on the menu....what BBQ & what Buffett? half a sausage, half a piece of BBQ Rump steak you buy from Coles & smallest piece of breast chicken I have ever seen. I turned to the missus and said "I wonder if there feeding us before the show" but wait......that was it....no Buffett by the time you went for 2nds they had cleared it all up.

In general is was a piss poor show. I have been out in the country a lot & it was nothing like what its really like. just a few wannabe's trying to run a show like Outback Spectacular.

Will never ever suggest this tour/experience to anyone & have already told a few people in the town how bad it is before we left & they seemed to agree.

SAVE YOUR PENNIES GO ON A CROC ADVENTURE