“Little haven!”
Review of Rainforest Motel

and 1 more site!
Rainforest Motel
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here for one night back in April this year, it was a pitstop between Townsville and Cairns and I was there to do a skydive. Regrettably I didnt arrive until late into the evening and I had an early pick up for my skydive. I cant comment on much because I was only there for such a short time but what I can say is the Bob, the owner and his dog were very friendly and welcoming and considering I checked in and out at antisocial times he was very accommodating.
I was travelling up the east coast for three weeks and stayed in a mix of hotels and hostels and this place felt like a little piece of home away from home, having stayed in some awful hostels in Hervey Bay it seemed like heaven to have the luxuries of my own room/bathroom, TV and kettle etc etc. It had everything I needed and my only regret is that I couldnt stay longer here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Rainforest Motel

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend were originally supposed to stay elsewhere for during our time at Mission Beach, long story short our reservation got mixed up and we had to stay somewhere else. We were pointed in the direction of the Rainforest Motel - and I am so glad that they did.

The rooms at the Rainforest Motel are clean and spacious and modern with TV's. You step out of your room and you have your own space with a table and chairs. The outdoor areas of the motel actually make you feel like you're in the rainforest! The location of the motel is great, close by the post office, shops and restaurants.

Overall our stay at Rainforest Motel was brilliant, absolutely no complaints. The manager was so nice that she gave us a ride to the bus station on our day of departure. You definitely don't get that level of kindness everywhere you travel, so to be made feel welcome like that really does leave a positive stamp in your memory.

I would recommend this Motel to anybody looking to stay at Mission Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My partner & I have stayed here several times over the years. So I was quite amused to see the review about the sunset from room 4. This room is blocked by another building and the whole property is situated behind a large hill. How you got to see a sunset is beyond us. Being in a 'rainforest' it is quite dark and we have stayed in room 4 - there is no way you could enjoy a sunset!

Room Tip: If you would like to see a 'sunset' - head up the hill! Or better yet, visit Dunk Island.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maree D
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We highly recommend Rainforest motel. Parking is safe for hire cars.Very clean and bed was very comfortable. It was very quiet every night . Big modern tv with excellent reception. I loved the private big veranda. We sat out there and it was so beautiful just like a rain forest. Stunning!!! Managers were really nice and very helpful . Large spacious room with great bath room . Plenty of room to put your suit case , clothes . We loved it so much we just stayed the whole time. We have stayed it many five star accom around Australia but this place really tops the lot.

Room Tip: all ten rooms are great and private we loved room 4.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tony m
Reviewed April 11, 2014

As others have said, very handily located for the few amenities in the village. The manageress was very friendly and helpful eg offering us a late check out.

Other villages in the overall Mission Beach area had more facilities but everyone was very cheerful,and friendly in this little area.

Units adequate but a bit sparse. We were only there overnight, so it was fine for us. The a/c unit was rather noisy but didn't disturb our sleep. Slightly soft bed but fairly comfortable.

We had booked here partly to use the pool and to have internet access. The pool system was broken - though being fixed by friendly engineers as we left. Also, the internet access was intermittent. We have stayed in several places in Queensland where staff have said that we were at the wrong end of the site or similar for good internet access, and it would be helpful if they described this adequately in their advertising, and as its alleged availability is a factor these days in choosing accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A nice rainforest setting but that also implies the inherent discomforts such as mosquitoes and the difficulty of being able to eat on the terrace and a lack of light. The location is very good and you are certainly made to feel at home with the friendly, helpful welcome.
The rooms are nice and clean but we would have appreciated more space for putting away clothes and more self catering facilities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank John E
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Location was great and the room comfortable. This is a pet friendly motel but definitely not a child friendly motel when the motel Manager yells at the children for having fun in the pool at 9:00am, in front of the two supervising adults then says that he will have to lock the pool gate and then to the adults to ensure that we were checked out by 10am. Pool hours were from 8:00am. One of these people have been visiting this motel for 12 years. What an absolutely awful way to treat any paying guests. Wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone who enjoys friendly service or has children.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicki B
2crownies, Owner at Rainforest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I can confirm that your children were told to leave the pool and that you were requested to leave the motel.
We advertise as being :A Quiet Piece Of Paradise" and unruly and objectionable behavior cannot be tolerated. This was not the only establishment in Mission Beach that you were asked to leave.
We have to consider the rights of our other guests to have quiet enjoyment of their holiday.
Lack of control and abusive conduct may be the norm in your household but it is not tolerated in a civilized society.
We have had thousands of very happy guests and we plan to continue to welcome those guests and their children.