“100% the best thing I have ever done in my life”
Review of Jump the Beach

Jump the Beach
Ranked #13 of 15 Tours in Mission Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you ready for the ultimate skydive experience? Skydive in the tropical paradise that is the city of Cairns, QLD, Australia. Nestled on the coast of Far North Queensland, it is renowned for its tourist attractions like the Great Barrier Reef in the Coral Sea and the Wet Tropics World Heritage rainforest.
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“100% the best thing I have ever done in my life”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I have always wanted to a skydive and everybody I have met on my travels said do it at Mission Beach. You will not be disappointed. We jumped at 9:30am and the instructors were great and at no point did I feel uneasy about their ability. Jumping from 14000ft and free falling for a minute was amazing, you will never get a rush like it. Once the Shute is deployed you get beautiful views of the Great Barrier Reef and Northern Queensland and the lovely tropical environment.

The facilities on the ground are great, they pick up and drop off at hostels and the staff are really friendly.

If you are on the Oz Experience take along your wrist band as you can get a free t-shirt.

I would 100% recommend anyone to do a skydive but only in Mission Beach.

Visited October 2013

“Just do it”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to Australia with the intention of doing a sky dive, never did I imagine I would do it with views of the Great Barrier Reef and land on a beautiful beach.

It was the best hing I have ever done in my life, the team are great and make you feel safe and relaxed.

I wasn't nervous at all but if you are they will look after you and explain everything.

Jump the beach is the best ever!

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my first skydive and it was amazing, the views are awesome and landing on the beach is great. My only criticism is that with the handicap video that I purchased, the instructor barely spoke to me during the dive and parachute descent so there is hardly any footage of me looking at the camera versus my friends video. In addition her guide pointed out the reef and other sights which my guide did not. It would have been nice to have had a little more interaction.

Visited June 2013
Camden Town, null, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My first ever sky dive, I had always wanted to try one and was told mission beach is something special. It certainly was; the views from 14000 foot are spectacular!

The free fall was out of this world, absolutely petrified however totally want to do it again! I bought the photos from the hand cam, of which there are only a few decent ones... However, that said if you're going to jump out of a plane you want something to show for it afterwards!

I will be doing this again!

Visited March 2013
SkydiveOZ, Front Office Manager at Jump the Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, the team here at Mission Beach would love to see you back again!
We appreciate the time you have taken to review your experience with us,
Galway, Ireland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The only place to skydive in Oz”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I did my first skydive here and I was terrified. The instructor was extremely nice and kept me distracted. Had an amazing time and they really know whta theyre doing. The views were spectacular. Just a little disappointed after paying so much for the dvd there was no music on it, so its just a loud crackling noise.

Visited February 2013
SkydiveOZ, Public Relations Manager at Jump the Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review, Mission beach does have the most spectacular views. Not to mention skydiving over Mission Beach.
Please contact our Jump The Beach office and they are sure to fix up the music on your DVD
Hope to see you again soon!