“Great Skydive”

Skydive Mission Beach
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Mission Beach
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for the best location to Skydive, do it in Mission Beach with Skydive Mission Beach! Offering Australia's highest jump (up to 15,000ft), paired with the most idyllic landing on shimmering sands of Mission Beach, it is adrenalin packed with the views of the Great Barrier Reef, tropical islands and rainforest. Without a doubt Australia's best drop zone and the unforgettable experience of your lifetime. Trip highlights: - Courtesy transfers from Cairns & Mission Beach - Spectacular beach landing EVERY TIME - Certificate of your skydive - Personalized training and instructions - Scenic flight and spectacular views
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A fair bit of hanging around during the course of the day was definitely worth it. We had a great dive over fantastic scenery with superb instructors, even though the weather wasn't 100%.

Fantastic video too, an excellent turnaround.

Brilliant Day.

"feel comfortable"
"sky diving"

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Dive was awesome!!!!

Tandem masters and camera guys were amazing! The dive and sights were something special for sure!

Video was amazing and the pics just as good!

To me its worth every penny.

Ignore the guys moaning about delays, if its bad weather then you won't jump simple as that!! Safety first people come on.....

We had awful weather 7am til maybe 1pm, but we made it about 2:30pm! Oh my what a day!

Book it, do it, enjoy it and have a blast! No chickens allowed :-P

1  Thank TheGooner14
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying this was literally the biggest thrill of my entire life. And I would recommend everyone tries a skydive at some point in their life. And to land on the beach is pretty cool. But the negatives to this company are 1. Their customer service and 2. The price of certain services. For instance there were people in our group who waited up to 5 hours for their jump! Nobody seemed to care about it on the company side of things. And for the price you pay this needs improvement. The skydivers themselves are a great bunch and a credit to the company. Especially Dave who I jumped with and Glen who my girlfriend jumped with. Thanks guys. Second major negative is the price of the pictures and film. £158 dollars for a DVD. They exploit the fact you practically can't refuse the memory. Which is worth having. But maybe stop being so extortionate! Other than that, exceptional experience and I walked away happy. And the BBQ was tasty!

1  Thank James86mills
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely horrendous customer service. I was there waiting from 10 until 4 and not one member if staff said why we were waiting or even hello! At 12 I was told if be up in 40 minutes, at 14:15 I asked what the hold up was and they answered blankly that we were on hold and had been for 1.5 hours, nice of them to tell us! I asked what the chances of jumping was and they said they didn't know what the weather was doing, surely they would have google weather if nothing else?! I definitely would not recommend them, try somewhere else, especially New Zealand if you can.

1  Thank Jnewton94
See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Did this last year, was probably one of the biggest highs of my life I paid the expensive price for photos and a hand held video as well, but if you can afford the $400 then it is definitely worth it. 14000 feet means you free-fall 1 minute, and then a really peaceful float down to the beach where you land. The height is scary, the tandem masters are cool and the landing is really gentle, give it a go!

1  Thank sofarseenaus
SkydiveOZ, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Mission Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write up a review! We love hearing your feedback. Yes the photos are well worth forking out for and you will get to relive the memories over and over.

Its great you noticed the landing is very gentle, as most people are afraid of a rough landing. We will always ensure you are well looked after at Mission Beach and look forward to you visiting again!