Mission Beach Retreat
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Castaways Resort & Spa Mission Beach(Mission Beach)(Great Value!)
$113
Tully Motel(Tully)(Great Value!)
$77
  • Restaurant
Beachcomber Motel(Cardwell)(Great Value!)
Sanctuary Retreat(Bingil Bay)
  • Pool
King Reef Resort(Kurrimine Beach)
  • Pool
Kurrimine Beach Motel(Kurrimine Beach)
Black Marlin Motel(Innisfail)
All reviewsopen planshuttle bushostelwoolworths2minoz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here from March 20th 2014 until the 25th. Because it was bad weather my skydive got cancelled so I had to stay a little longer. The people working at the Mission Beach Retreat were very helpfull. The room I stayed in was a 9 persons dorm and the beds were alright. The kitchen and rooms were cleaned every day but because of all the rain everything got dirty pretty quick so that was a shame but not there fault. The common area and the kitchen were of a perfect size and cosy enough to meet the other guests. This was my first time I stayed at an YHA and definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed during my stay in Australia.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere of this tiny, calm hostel, located right at the beach. Best place to just chill out and hang around. There is not much to do in mission beach, but we liked the hostel, the atmosphere and the staff so much that we extended and stayed for four nights.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the perfect Hostel for Mission Beach. It was so clean and welcoming. The common area was more like a home with big squishy sofas and big tv.

Mesa and Josef are lovely, as were all of the staff. They really made us feel welcome and even booked our skydive for us.

The room was lovely and cool and the beds were so compfy. Two pillows are provived as standard which makes a nice change from some of the lumpy things I have experinced at other hostels.

Was traveling in a group of 3 and really enjoyed our stay here. Would highly recomend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My stay at the YHA in Mission Beach was really the worst during my whole 3 week trip. The hostel is compared to the others I stayed at rather dirty, the staff pretty snobby (exception: the reception), the internet expensive and slow, no way to lock anything etc.
I finally left earlier, I had booked 3 nights and left after 2 what was also due to a lack of things to do, neither the Dunk Island Water Taxi operated (I still don't know why), nor the sailing tour offered by the hostel. No adequate alternatives offered.
I cannod recommend it, but maybe I just had bad luck.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We really loved this place. The rooms are clean and have air conditioning, the kitchen is well equipped and the stuff is helpful and nice. We asked at the reception for a way to see Paronella Park and they offered us to take us up there - we spent a great day together. The YHA is located right next to the beach. Bars and cafes close very early, so there is not a lot to do at night time, but there are a lot of games, play stations, books and a TV. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends