“Good value clean motor inn”

Golden West Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Miles
Toowoomba, Australia
“Good value clean motor inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a good value, very clean (better than most others) motel. Breakfast was cooked just how I like it and the rooms are big (and charmingly a bit retro!). The owners are friendly, it's central to everything and it's good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights, the first night, I was woken by trucks in the early hours of the morning. I went to the office to ask if they go all the time I was met by the manageress, she said I live right there and I don't hear them. I replied I really didn't want to pay for the privilage. We had only cups and spoons in our room no microwave we had to ring and ask for a microwave when the other rooms had one. The rooms were dark and very small. We both thought if we stay in the middle range priced motel we should get a good stay. Even when we left we asked for split bills and was met with a disgruntled reply. I won't bore you anymore. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank linda50067
Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this motel with a tour group. Owner was more than helpful and a great 'mine host'. Room was large, immaculate,y clean and very comfortable. The food was way better than I expected at a country motel. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Oldie41
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Clean rooms, good food at a reasonable price. Friendly staff, room service for dinner and breakfast or can eat at pubs close by.

Room Tip: Book well ahead of travel, accommodation is hard to come by on the day
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Pom59
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed in room 6 for one night on our way to the Whitsundays. There are four motels in Miles and we thought that the Golden West provided the best value for money at $105. As stated by donuts74, the mining boom has escalated prices in some areas of Queensland and can also make it difficult for the traveller to find a motel with a vacancy as some of the miners stay in the local motels. Therefore for anywhere in Miles, booking at least two weeks ahead is advised.

This is a family owned and operated motel and Josie was extremely helpful in answering my emails and handling my booking. It is an older motel but extremely well maintained and I could not fault the cleanliness. There is a train line at the back of the motel. As I was awake at around 3am, I did hear one train but it was only a light distant noise and not enough to wake the average sleeper.

The room was quite large, spacious, spotlessly clean and contained plenty of storage. There was a double bed which was comfortable although a bit on the firm side. The sheets were clean, crisp and white. The room was rather dark as the internal bricks were a dark colour and there wasn't much natural light. This didn't really worry us as we were only there to shower and sleep.

The bathroom was roomy, the shower pressure was good and the water hot.

A home cooked dinner is available for delivery to the room. There is a choice of three mains and one dessert on a blackboard outside reception and prices seemed very reasonable. We chose to eat at the pub across the road and the food there was very good. Hearty breakfasts are also delivered to rooms.

I would certainly stay at the Golden West Motor Inn again when next passing through Miles.

Room Tip: Book at least two weeks ahead
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Benaroon
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights visiting family & friends. The family room is good for ppl travelling with kids offering a separate bedroom. Rooms & bathrooms are very dated but spacious and clean. Friendly service. The town's mining boom has pushed prices up making it more expensive than it should be but still good value in comparison with what else there is on offer. Well located with pubs restaurants & supermarket across the road. The kids loved the pool.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank donuts74
Groningen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

seems not much happening in Miles - we spent a night here on our way to Roma - simple motel - you can find a nice pub across the street - the room is clean, has two beds. the shower is clean- simple motel - the kind you need in a simple town

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business