“The spa and lap pool overlooking the Maroochy River sealed the deal!!”

The Duporth Riverside Apartments
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Forget about the hustle and bustle of Mooloolaba, this is the place to stay on the sunshine coast. Beautiful apartments and Ebb Restaurant downstairs is a huge bonus. Close to shops, cafes and the beach.

Room Tip: 10 floors, higher up the better, great views
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BHP534
There are newer reviews for The Duporth Riverside Apartments

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment in May 2011 with my family, we went for a wedding and it was amazing! Out of the number of places I have stayed around Australia and OS I have to say this is the first one where the place looks like the pictures on the website!
Apartment was HUGE and the view.....stunning! The Maroochy river and beach are right at your fingertips, the spa was always nice and warm, the pool area clean and well maintained and the gym/steam room well equipped.
We didn't get to see much of Maroochydoore being only there for the weekend of the wedding but we are already planning our next visit!
My only complaint would be that we had 3 couples staying and one of the rooms was 2 single beds and they wanted to charge us an extra $20 to have it made up as a king for ONE night....and you had to pay for pool towels.....I would think in a up-market place like this pool towels would be complimentary, especially considering the apartments are not serviced so you have to make sure your towels dry on the balcony each day.
ALl in all a fabulous place to stay - we'll be back!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mel_b_0301
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I've just returned from a very relaxing stay in the Duporth at Maroochydore. I had been working really hard and just needed a getaway for a week to revive. I didn't want heaps of nightlife or entertainment, just a nice place to stay in walking distance to restaurants, shops and the beach.

The Duporth was perfect for this!

It was so relaxing just sitting on your deck, glass of wine in one hand, book in the other and no house work. I didn't take my computer either - it was bliss. I did do some laps of the pool though, which took away the guilty feeling when I was tucking into some of the yummy deserts in the nearby restaurants.

To the apartments themselves - they had everything that you needed for your stay, the furniture and amenties in my room were quite modern, so I felt it was more up market that other places I previously stayed. The apartments were really big, so my partner and I never felt like we were on top of each other.

I did get an in-house massage - which was great not having to leave your room. But then you I don't think the beds are as comfortable as when you go out to get a massage.

The people at the resort were really nice. They helped us choose some really nice local restaurants - The Wine Bar Restaurant was great, as was the Boat Shed. But the restaurant in the Duporth - Ebb was really good too - probably the best view of all of them.

Overall

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AustraliaPaz
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just recently decided to have a week away, After deciding on the Sunshine Coast as i had never been there i spent many hours pondering whether i should stay in Noosa, Mooloolaba or Maroochydore,

Personally i feel i made the right choice! Maroochydore is a great little spot and i chose the Duporth for it's location. It is literally opposite the corner of Wharf Street, Ocean Street, Duporth Avenue and about 5 doors down is the entrance to Big Top Shopping Centre or theres also Sunshine Plaza (With a Coles, Birch Carroll, More Puns/Restaurantsw etc) a 5 min walk away (Continue to the end of ocean Street shops and turn left and it's directly across the road)

As mentioned location is great, now to the Apartment, I had booked a one bedroom for 7 nights and put down a $200 deposit, Of which the full balance was to be paid once i arrived (Fair enough) I arrived and Leah checked me in, She seemed friendly enough and gave me Apartment 502 (5th Floor) I proceeded to the apartment and first impressions were good, The Kitchen was clean, Appliances relatively up to date (Including an LCD in the Living Area and Smaller Tv in the main bedroom) Dishwasher, Oven, Microwave, Stove etc , Nice artwork on the walls. it had a full bathroom, Walk in Wardrobe and Laundry (Washing machine and Dryer), And second toliet, There were also 3 rooms that had been locked i later discovered these were the 2nd bedroom, 3rd bedroom and another bathroom I meant to ask them why they issued me a 3 bedroom, But unfortunately it slipped my mind,

Both the living area and the main bedroom shared the same (HUGE) balcony with a full set of table and Chairs and the most beautiful river/ocean view.

The gist of it is the apartment was great and suited my needs, That night however i discovered the walls were a little thin as i could hear the neighbours so just be aware that everyone can hear your conversations!!! Once i got into bed it felt like a concrete slab, it was HARD! and i mean HARD! I like a soft bed and i ended up sleep deprived by the end of the week and even contemplated sleeping on the couch in the living room it was that bad! As all apartments are individually owned i get the feeling whoever owns 502 put in the cheapest bed and thinnest mattress and base available!

The next morning i noticed scratches on the tv, Markings on the walls etc and was quite surprised that an apartment of less than 10 years old had so much wear and tear,

Now for the provisions: You get 2 rolls of Toliet paper (It's the nasty home brand stuff), 2 little shampoo bottles, A soap, A sachet of Dishwashing Detergent to manually wash dishes, A sachet of Dishwashing Powder for the Dishwasher, Around 6 little milks in the fridge and 2 Rubbish bags for the bins, After that if you need anymore you have to supply your own. Truth be told all these items seemed to be on the cheaper scale and like a previous reviewer said for a 4 and a half star you'd think they'd do a little bit better than home brand for guests!!!

Reception: Look she was nice enough but Leah doesnt seem to like being asked about tourist questions etc My first full day i went in and asked did they have a bus schedule/Idea of fare to Noosa?? ($16 by the way and the main bus terminal is at Sunshine Plaza) She pointed at Duporth Avenue and said "Try the Bus stop just down there..." OOOOKKK..... After that i figured it was pointless asking, Until a few days later i see them advertising certain tours, I walk in and we discuss the tour i want to do she said "I'll call them later and then get you to fill in the form"

Why not call them now? I mean i understand they must be busy at times but she just seemed to have a very nonchalant attitude

To be fair as i said she was otherwise friendly, and the other couple who work alongside her were lovely.

The Pool was beautiful as is the spa and the Gym has decent facilities, They are open from 7am to 9pm.

All in all i'd rate the apartments as 3 star in a more localised neighbourhood experience! They certainly weren't the worst i've stayed in, but not the best either.

Next time i'd probably stay elsewhere if only for the bed!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Harvsman
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My husband and I spent 2 lovely weeks here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were celebrating our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. The people were all lovely and made us feel really special.
I would recommend this place to anyone!
Great location and great people

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank taniabarbozan
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This apartment complex is highly rated, and its position is really great as it is absolute river waterfront with views to the sea and undeveloped natural areas across the Maroochy river. It is quiet as all roads are behind, there is a nice pool & spa area overlooking the river, and there are shops within easy walking distance. Our apartment was good but with a couple of aspects which did annoy - a very hard mattress which made it difficult to get a good night's sleep, an allocation of one small bar of soap for the bathroom and one sachet of dishwashing powder for the kitchen - pretty unsatisfactory, mean & inconvenient in a 4 1/2 star setting !! (and cheapo toilet paper as well). I guess sometimes it's the little things. There is also an internet connection but it costs a fair bit, something else that should be included in the tarriff. Apart from these things, it was all good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brett F
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We spent 3 nights at the Duporth Riverside Apartments. Location is very central, 3 minutes walk from the nearest supermarket (at The Big Top), and 10 minutes walk from the Sunshine Plaza, largest mall in Sunshine Coast. Beautiful apartment, clean, spacious with a fully-equipped kitchen. Bedrooms are clean, queen-size beds. Master bedroom comes with a jacuzzi. What you can't beat is the breath-taking view from the balcony facing the river and the ocean beyond. On some days, the wind is so strong that the balcony chairs get blown about!
Kids enjoyed swimming in the pool that looks out into the river. It's beautiful and in the evening, hoards of birds, including pelicans fly pass back up the river to roost for the night. We also spent one afternoon by the beach beside Cotton Tree Road, just 20 minutes walk away. The water is calm and shallow, great for younger children. The girls enjoyed picking shells too. I think the fishing is good cos there were a number of people doing that.
We chose Maroochydore as its very central in Sunshine Coast and the attractions are within easy drive (30 mins at most) away. The famous Pineapple Factory has probably seen better days, and could do with a miss. So too the Ginger Factory. We enjoyed the Australia Zoo and the crocodile show, loved the Emundi markets (go early to find parking) where there are loads of Australian made trinkets and unique gift items. I think the kids enjoyed crabbing most - learning to catch yabbies, crabs, feeding the wild pelicans and eating the yummy mud crabs. That's the Catch A Crab cruise at Tweeds Head.
If you love chocolate, must try the San Churro Chocolateria at Sunshine Plaza, dipping freshly made churros into a selection of molten chocolate - to die for!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
Waves Maroochy River
Waves Maroochy River
#3 of 43 in Maroochydore

Been to The Duporth Riverside Apartments? Share your experiences!