We only stayed one night and it was quite cool and raining, and probably only a few guests.
First impressions were that the modern one bedroom apartment on the ground floor was quite well designed and reasonably spacious. Bedroom was directly inside entry door and our apartment was opposite the lifts and we heard everyone who got in and out of the lifts.
The fire alarm issue is ludicrous and for that reason only, "we would recommend that you should not stay here".
The building is quite new and rather than even think about blaming a guest for a false fire alarm they need to urgently fix the problem! This problem is such an issue that they have installed special buttons that you have to press if your alarm goes off while you are using the stove or toaster, or clothes dryer. Not as simple as that though - you have to press the button within 30 seconds of the alarm sounding and you have to hold it for at least 10 seconds - or face the propects of paying the Fire Services $1100.
Architects and designers should be made to spend a couple of nights in their finished products so that they can learn from their experiences. In this apartment the bathroom was aesthetically excellent - but when you had a shower (which was in the bathtub), the water bounced off you and onto the floor.
Solve the fire alarm issue and staying here would be vastly more relaxing.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Horton Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.