“Family Holiday”

Aqua Vista Resort
Wangaratta, Australia
“Family Holiday”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A great place to stay, rooms are fantastic and very clean. Tanya & Eric where a pleasure to deal with from the minute we arrived to the time we left (didn't really want to leave). Nothing was ever an issue and they always had a smile on there face which made the place feel so friendly and inviting. We will be back many more times to come.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Shane P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Aqua Vista was excellent. It is under new management and they are amazing. Very kind and caring and always smiling. The young lady in reception is beautiful and always smiling. Nothing is every a problem for her. I will be returning soon

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank 54lady
Ocean Grove, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have stayed many times here and keep coming back.
The new managers Tanya and Eric deserve credit for the wonderful job they are doing.
They are so friendly and go out of their way to attend to anything you ask.
The rooms are immaculate, clean and fresh thanks to the lovely cleaning staff.
We have stayed in many different rooms and they are all high standard.
Love the pool area which Eric keeps clean and well maintained and always like the refreshing clean smells around especially the foyer.
We like it so much we don't even think of staying any where else.
Thank you so much Tanya and Eric for moving bookings around to fit us in.
Rhonda and Geoff Moodie Ocean Grove

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rhondamoo
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Everything was beautiful..had a room on he 11th Floor, decor was gorgeous, room clean and reception very polite..great position. Overall no complaints ...our 3rd time at Aqua Vista. Will Definately be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gayle A
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Recently change hands. Tanya has been really nice and accomodating from booking to the whole stay. Lovely apartment and I had a nice view if the sea. Pool a bit small but who cares when the ocean is right in front of you. Love my stay there and will definitely chose to stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bettyngu
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our recent stay was a reservation made through booking.com for a 2 bedroom serviced apartment at Beach on Sixth. My sister and I travelled to Maroochydore to visit and say goodbye to a terminally ill friend. There was an accidental overbooking issue with the website, however Beach on Sixth kindly arranged for our reservation and deposit to be transferred to Aqua Vista with the assurance of equal accommodation and service.

The apartment itself was lovely and in a great location, however the service and attitude that came with it was appalling. The manager has to be one of the rudest men I've ever encountered. It began with the car parking - each apartment is allotted in sync with your apartment number. Avoid apartment 15 - the allotted car space is narrower than the one next to it and it's actually impossible to get out of your car if someone parks in the adjoining space. We received a rude phone call from the manager because our Honda sedan was taking up too much space. I explained that the car park itself is not adequate, nor equal to the one next to it, and advised we would be happy to move the car but would it be possible to allocate another space. The managers response was 'No. there's no other spaces, that's the one allocated and I request you move your vehicle'. Great. There was nowhere to move it to. Nevertheless we did so as we were leaving to visit our friend anyway.

On our return that evening, a 4WD was parked in the space next to ours and we tried to squeeze our sedan into our allocated space, which we did, but then couldn't open our doors enough to even squeeze ourselves out of the car. We ended up just reversing out again and had to park outside for the rest of our stay - visiting a sick friend really puts your priorities in perspective, and we didn't feel up to making a big deal about it.

Unfortunately our apartment was not serviced and nobody bothered to mention this, so no clean towels, tea or milk supply, and we found a note under our door reminding us of our obligations prior to check-out. The kettle didn't work and the ironing board was broken. My sister rang reception to report these things and ask about the apartment servicing. The manager was patronising and rude with his response of 'are you finished now dear?' (certainly not parlayed in a kind way), and stated that he was 'only doing Beach on Sixth a favour by taking our booking, and ' now regretted it and won't do it again'. When reminded of the small problems in our apartment, he said he 'might' be able to find a working kettle.

My sister was in tears by the end of this. A few minutes later this man banged on the door loudly and literally shoved a kettle into my hands saying 'here's your kettle and I need to see the other one.' He then barged through the door as I retreated and went to the kitchen and asked what we did to the other kettle, what's wrong with it, and why didn't we mention it earlier? Um, the answer was we didn't do anything to it, we didn't know what was wrong with it - it just wouldn't turn on, and we'd been visiting an unwell friend all day so we hadn't noticed it prior. By this stage my sister was a sobbing mess and I do believe she called him a pig. I certainly felt threatened by his angry presence and tried to speak calmly (I was quite frightened however) but he simply refused to look at me or respond as I was speaking to him. He stormed out the door and said 'GOODNIGHT!' I did then relay my disappointment sharply as he waited for the lift, which he also ignored. No apology. No concern or empathy. No ironing board.

We composed ourselves with the cheap International Roast coffee sachets that were in the kitchen (at least we had a working kettle!) and ironed our clothes on the office desk. Our car remained outside. We left early the next morning. Thank god reception doesn't open before 9am because we wouldn't have coped with seeing that horrible man. I photographed the spotless state of our apartment as we left and blocked my credit card (our booking was fully paid when we checked in - I just didn't trust that I wouldn't find some mysterious new charges for 'kettle replacement' etc).

With the plethora of choice in Maroochydore, I'm amazed that these people are so careless with their business. It was obvious they don't appreciate customers or care about their stay being pleasant. As I originally made this reservation for a different 4.5 star resort, I didn't check any reviews when they kindly arranged a transfer. We felt personally offended but now learning of others who experienced similar treatment at Aqua Vista, we shouldn't be shocked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
13 Thank Nyomie
Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this apartment for three nights in mid June. After a very long car trip to Maroochydore from Townsville courtesy of a large number of road works we arrived at a quarter to five. The manager greeted us with " you were nearly too late to check in, it is a public holiday you know". The office reception is only staffed between 9 and 5 weekdays. On the way to our room we noticed a sign in the elevator saying that the electricity would be cut on Monday (the morning we were checking out) at 7am until 3pm. This meant that we had to be checked out by 7am, it put a bit of a dampener on our stay and we were surprised that the manager had not mentioned this.
Our apartment was spacious and reasonably clean but there were quite a few areas showing wear and in need of maintenance, gouges out of the walls and furniture that needed replacing.
Considering that there are many options for rent in the Maroochydore area and the prices charged I would have expected a little better service and facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmandaAustralia13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
#4 of 43 in Maroochydore
Waves Maroochy River
Waves Maroochy River
#3 of 43 in Maroochydore

Been to Aqua Vista Resort? Share your experiences!