“Faultless”

The Piano Bar
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Maroochydore
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Australian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Faultless”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We came today for lunch. After a terrible tapas experience yesterday in Noosa I was wary. This is the best eating I've had on the coast for a long time. We had the pork and pita, the garlic chilli prawns and chips. The serving sizes were reasonable and we left very full. We couldn't fault any of our dishes and my five year old boy enjoyed it all too. The service was friendly, unobtrusive and unpretentious. Will be back with my husband soon, a real find in Maroochydore!

1 Thank QFam

Buderim
“Really Need to Review Service Standards”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

As locals we have popped into the Piano Bar regularly after a dinner out to enjoy a glass of wine with friends and family. We have often noticed when ordering wine by the glass some pours are very variable. Last night it was so bad it was embarrassing, two glasses of same wine and one half the volume of the other. This time my husband choose to speak up politetly and ask for this to be rectified. Young bar tender stated that the bottle he poured from was empty and went to walk away. My husband suggested opening another bottle to rectify the $15 per glass problem. The bar tender did so however then made fun of my husband in front of other patrons and staff- one of the most unprofessional things we have ever experienced as a patron of any establishment on the Sunshine Coast. Contacted management this morning to let them know and hope it is followed up. This level of rudeness is not an isolated incident from SOME of the staff. Piano Bar please stamp out this sort of juvenile attitude amongst the serial offending wait staff.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Felicity W
Maroochydore, Australia
“Will be going back...”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Word of mouth to me had been very positive about The Piano Bar so I was keen to experience it for myself even though some of the TripAdvisor feedback seemed varied. My partner and I dropped in early on a Saturday evening just before the rush for a couple of wines and some Tapas. We were greeted warmly on arrival and the service was prompt and friendly. The band was just starting up, it was a beautiful evening and we were both pleased we had made the effort to drop by. There is good parking close by but best bet is to take a cab. The Tapas menu is good and tasty we had the Duck Live Parfait and the prawns. The wine and beverage list is excellent. We will definitely be back for dinner...though on a weekend it pays to book in advance though we are keen to experience the Comedy night on Tuesdays.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank FreeMarcoPolo
Maroochydore, Australia
“Gave it another go..”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Yes after some of the positive reviews on here, I thought I would give it one more go so here I go:

We were dissapointed yet again; at least they are consistent in this regard!

The food was so so and so was the service. We ordered drinks and they simply failed to come.

Maybe its so busy due to the lack of venues of this type on the coast although restaurants such as Ba vigo cannot be faulted.

Anyway definately wont be back and look forward to the opening of The Factory at the old Pig N Whistle!

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank bruce r
Brisbane, Australia
“Love it!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place, lovely food and good music. Went here on a wednesday night and couldn't have asked for more. Look forward to more options on the desert menu!