All reviews lovely spot our night stay washing machine cotton tree across the road the river brad detergent position dryer surf bedroom accommodation reception ocean apartment floor
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for a week in the penthouse suite which was gorgeous, well appointed and views to die for.
Cant fault it except two coffee mugs in the kitchen is not enough. There were 6 cups and saucers however but only two mugs.
Unit was clean and modern. Beautiful bath. However we were shocked to discover that sliding windows in the lounge area that could easily be reached by small children were easy to slide open and a child could fall a long way down!! Not good at all and probably illegal. We hope this will be sorted for other families.
We were not impressed that paying big money for a penthouse suite our lounge tv was not working and kept switching itself off after five minutes, we reported this straight away to management who said it would be dealt with, well it wasn't and we were told by the relief manager to just watch the other tv! Very poor service when you pay to watch a big tv in the lounge with the view and not be stuck in a corner with a small tv.
That was our biggest gripe. The dryer didn't work in the laundry either but this probably wouldn't have been dealt with either. We felt we were a bother to the relief manager.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

We have a 2 bedroom apartment on the 5th floor with great views over the park and river. Apartment was very modern and clean, although the carpet did have some stains on it. Restaurants and shops for groceries is all in the area. Great place for a family with the park and river across the road and the pool and spa are fabulous.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2016

I stayed at The Dunes for 4 nights whilst travelling for work. I was in a 1 bedroom apartment which contained all the necessities including a large open plan lounge / dining area, large fully equipped kitchen, decent sized bedroom and nicely appointed ensuite. There is a large balcony which faces the park or over the top of the park towards the ocean if you have a top floor apartment. There is also a washing machine / dryer and iron / ironing board if needed.

You will need to take your own washing powder and I would recommend taking your own dish washing liquid as minimal supplied are provided. If you are staying more than 2 days, also take your own tea/coffee and toilet paper as minimal supplies are provided and the rooms are not serviced.

During my stay I never met management as my travelling companions arranged my key collection and on my departure no-one was at reception, but that wasn't an issue at all.

I did have issues with the foxtel not working once during my stay, but a quick phone call to management and this was sorted remotely (thank you).

There are wonderful breezes which come into the apartment and minimal road noise if you leave the door open. I made the mistake of leaving the air conditioner on as there is only 1 in the apartment in the lounge, so the bedroom can get a little stuffy. Unfortunately the air conditioner had a major condensation leak which meant I either put towels and a bowl under the air conditioner to save a minor flood, or turn the air conditioner off. I went with the first option.

Overall this isn't a bad accommodation, the location is convenient to shops (all within walking distance) and the beach etc. As I said, it is more of a good accommodation than an average one, but just not quite good enough for a very good ranking.

There is free wifi provided, but I did have a couple of issues with it not working in all parts of the accommodation. I am also with Telstra and Telstra Air has good reception, so this might be advantageous if you have this connectivity.

P.S. I didn't inform management about the air conditioner issue as it was on my last evening stay and I left early in the morning. If management reads this, a service on the air conditioner might be warranted.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2016 via mobile

The unit we stayed it was fantastic very modern great views over looking the park and the river great restaurants with in walking distance kitchen was nice and modern loved cooking and looking at the view loved eating dinner breakfast on the balcony

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2016

We booked a one bedroom apartment and were quite surprised to find that it was actually a 3 bedroom apartment with two bedrooms and a bathroom locked off.
Consequently it was a very large living area and had a laundry as well.
As previous posters have mentioned, the main area only is air conditioned and the bedrooms can be quite hot and stuffy in summer, even though their is a ceiling fan.. Leaving the bedroom door open tended to alleviate the problem to a degree (excuse the pun), but A/C in the bedroom would be much better!
Perhaps the owners could consider fitting A/C to the bedrooms.
The other disappointment was there was only one toilet which was situated in the ensuite bathroom.
Considering there was another toilet/bathroom in the unit that was locked off, it would have been very much appreciated to have this available for use.
The onsite Managers are very friendly and efficient. It was one of the fastest checkins I have ever experienced, and all with a smile. Thank you Kristy.
Apart from the little whinges above, this is a fantastic place to stay and we would return.

Room tip: Pick the 4th floor or higher at the front for beautiful views. End units are better in my opinion e.g.. 401,404
Date of stay: March 2016