“Very disappointing.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went to the Surfclub for a friends Birthday.
There were 8 of us and we pre-booked our table.
The Menu was quite good with Specials of the Day clearly outlined and priced for Members and Non Members.
We decided to order the Garlic Cheese Pizza Bread to share as an Entrée. This went down really well. It was served hot, tasty and gooey how it should be.
Our meals took a little while to come. It seemed forever for our buzzer to go off and we had to go up and collect our own meals, cutlery etc.
The Steaks that arrived were quite a good size and cooked to our liking.
My Calamari with an Asian salad was disappointing. There was nothing Asian about the salad whatsoever. The only dressing that I could put on it was either French or Italian, which I once again had to go up and try and get! It actually arrived with no dressing and was just carrot, lettuce and shallots. Not a sesame seed in sight, even a dipping sauce for the calamari had to be asked for. It arrived with lemon only.
The Fish and Chips was also disappointing. Flathead and Chips. 2 Frozen pieces of Flathead that you can buy from Coles with chips for an exorbitant price.
Other than that we found the meals to be quite expensive for a Surf Club with no table service, no set tables etc.
Overall, very disappointed.

2  Thank Lisa D

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I visited the Maroochy surf club three times during my recent trip to Maroochydore for work in April 2014. The food is good value with mains around $20. The view is stunning being located right on the beach and service was prompt. This is not a 5 star restaurant but a true surf club. Great for families and if you feel the need to play poker machines, they have a wide array of the same.

I will definitely return if I am back this way.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our conference group had a buffet breakfast on the first morning of the conference. There was an adequate supply of all the items one generally finds on the breakfast buffets.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I rang up to reserve a table and asked if they were child friendly. They said they were so we booked a table with a high chair and room for a few children. We were only briefly visiting the area so were recommended to come here by friends. NEVER again!! The food was brilliant but the service let it down. We sat down on our table and a waitress called Pauline came and wiped the table down. It lookedreasonobally clean so was quite pleased when she came and gave it a wipe. But that really was the best we had out of her! I asked if she could recommend something to eat because every thing on the buffet looked so good, and her reply was 'well I don't know go up and bloody look for urself'
I thought she was joking to begin with but her attitude just got worse and worse and she started becoming rude to my children. So at this time we just paid and left.
With Pauline's attitude and clear lack of customer service skills I don't think she should be dealing with customers

1  Thank patrica74
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Maroochy Surf Club has a wall of glass windows with a panoramic ocean view out of them.

I went on a Tuesday night, and chose the 2 meals for $25. These were both excellent quality, and generous serves.

A great night out. I would recommend to all.