“Sushi train never lets us down!”

Cherry Blossom Tree
Ranked #134 of 216 Restaurants in Maroochydore
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Every time my husband and I catch a movie or do some shopping we always make a point of going to Cherry Blossom Tree. To this day we have always had prompt efficient service, our meals have always been prepared well and taste great. For a quick bite we often grab a few plates off the train but ordering from the menu is a really simple process and the meals are usually delivered quickly. If you want the run of the mill mass produced sushi it is available in the foodcourt but if you want some variety then I would definitely pay a visit. Sure, the meals are more than you would pay for a sushi roll in the foodcourt but who wants to sit in a hectic noisy environment when you can just sit and relax peacefully along the river

1  Thank Nelzyash

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Service poor:
We arrived at the restaurant behind a couple of gents, who looked around for a minute or so for service and then seated themselves, we waited a minute more and caught someone's eye who then seated us (it may be that its the done thing to seat yourself, but this was not clear). After seating the staff member walked straight away without taking drinks orders, and I noticed again that the gents in front had collected their own drinks from the fridge. We waited again to catch someone's eye and made drinks orders (especially as mine was a hot tea and not available from the fridge).

We then found some things on the train/conveyor belt to suit our tastes, but did notice that the train/belt was quite empty of food, and totally lacking in hot food. We wanted to try their aburi /grilled salmon and/or scallops, and I after catching the eye of a staff member I asked for the aburi salmon (I'd thought I'd seen the girls next to us with some but wasn't entirely sure) but the staff member said they didn't have it. Two minutes later I see the chef in front of us preparing aburi/grilled salmon plates. Maybe my Japanese was off, or perhaps the waitress I'd spoken to didn't speak Japanese, but she could have clarified what I was asking rather than shutting me down. So we grabbed a menu from the front desk (within arm's reach) and found the item is on the menu. My partner found another waitress and ordered the dish and another through her.

And yes, overpriced:
5 (or maybe it was 6) * Gyoza = $8

also things like the vege tempura and other hot dishes seemed to have been precooked and were waiting reheating, this might be common practice, I'm not sure, but the little blobs of precooked vege tempura waiting in an open box in the centre of the train/belt made them an unappealing choice (tho usually my favourite).

It's unlikely we'd eat there again.

3  Thank Eilofi
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Always love coming here for lunch. The food is always fresh and tasty.
I love the Sushi Train and the atmosphere. Great variety of Sushi. Always busy there.
See you again, you guys do a great Job.

2  Thank rainbow101136
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great way to spend 2 hours just eating sushi, watch the sushi train and watch a great variety od sushi go by

2  Thank Henk V
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We are big fan of fresh sushi and go to Cherry Blossom Tree for average of every week for a quick & fresh sushi during lunch break. We love sushi but the genuine ones and Cherry Blossom offers most of them. But today it was awful, as my friends kept 2 seats for us and waited for over 10 minutes. They were told off in a very rude way, as were also told that the RULES of the restaurant are not to be kept seat free at all... Now I understand that for the sake of business to not keeping free the seats for too long, but there are respectful and kind ways of explaining this to clients I think. One of the waitresses was very rude and there is no excuse to be rude to clients or anyone walking in the restaurant.

1  Thank mbodesign
Simon B, Manager at Cherry Blossom Tree, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

We are sorry that you thought we were rude to you, we didn't mean to be on purpose, as you know we were very busy at that time and you knew there already customers waiting at the entrance to get a seat, so the general rule of first come first sit down. Hopefully you can understand our dilemma.