“Worst Stay On the Sunshine Coast”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Front Towers

Beach Front Towers
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Worst Stay On the Sunshine Coast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

This would have to be the worst accommodation I stayed at while in Queensland the apartment was so over priced for a run down box. The people were very unfriendly that run the place. The lift is so old and run down and isnt maintained properly. I am currently taking further action against this place for paying for maintaining there lift as it stopped working on me this is currently under investigation by osh. I wouldnt recommend this place to any person the only thing it has going for it is the location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Jessica N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location of the property is great, close to surf beach, eateries, surf clubs etc. View was stunning, however that is where it ends. We paid $1120 for 4 nights in room 24, it was very overpriced even for Christmas. Very dated and tired looking. One tiny bathroom/laundry with a shower screen that would barely slide, in an apartment for 4 adults. Main bedroom has no curtains on one window with the sunrising in exactly that spot, this meant that a lie in was impossible. The beds were slat beds and the two singles very narrow. The main area was roomy but the curtains were nets, the hems hanging down on some. The kitchen was well equipped but no empty cupboard space for food.

Until our departure the staff didn't speak unless we initiated a greeting. It was Christmas and I do appreciate that they were busy.

Maybe the other rooms are better, ours certainly didn't resemble any of the photos on the net.

I felt like I was staying with my Nana not a holiday apartment, avoid room 24.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank irenebull50

Travelers are raving about these Maroochydore hotels

Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We picked the wrong weekend, in the middle of tropical cyclone Oswald!
The location of the apartment is great. Wonderful beach views. Lots of restaurants in walking distance and the beach just over the road. Our unit was modern and clean with everything you need supplied. if you are wanting a 5 star hotel, this is not it, but a very nice family apartment it is!
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: We had 37 on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank John L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were looking for accom for a couple of nights from New Year's Eve 2012 and narrowed our choices down after consulting trip advisor. I guess because of the time of year, the tariff was extremely high: we paid $840 for three nights for a two bedroom unit in what is a rather tired (but clean enough) complex. Yes, the car parks are very tight and I was fortunate I have a smallish car with 'folding' side mirrors. There was no way my partner could have parked his Toyota Landruiser in our parking bay. Contrary to some reviews here, I found the managers civil enough. The complex is nice and central and across the main road from the beach. I would say our 4th floor unit was NW facing as the bedrooms caught the full afternoon sun. No problem with the heavy curtains in place but it was hard to sleep at night as the rooms retained a lot of heat which the ceiling fans could not compensate for (only one window in each room could be opened a few centimetres so heat could not escape). However, when the weather turned on our last day, we were completely sheltered from the gusty SE winds. Given the age of the complex (I'd guess 30+ years), the balconies are very small but sufficient for a small table and chairs. We may have been particularly fortunate but, we were not bothered by noise from comings and goings of busy families either on our floor or from the pool below. There is an Italian restaurant on the 1st floor and their menu sounded quite tempting but unfortunately it was closed over the Christmas-New Year break and not reopening until the 4th January. We would probably be happy to stay here again at the normal tariffs which I suspect are approximately half what we were charged.

Room Tip: Traffic noise quite loud on 4th floor with balcony doors open but bearable. Windows tinted for priv...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MyShell62
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Dont know what everyone is going on about when it comes to staying here. From the moment we booked on the net until check in and check out, Jon & Bev were wonderful people. It was our first stay! They were so welcoming and helpful and quite friendly. If you engage them, they are more than happy to engage back!!!

The carparking .... yes its small but so is every hotel we've stayed at on the Gold Coast!! And believe me, we stay on the GC all the time!!! We've had worse and we own a Holden Statesman! Long wheel base, still had no problems parking!!!!

We stayed on the 3rd floor, Unit 8 and it was great. You pay for what you get!!!!! The furniture was fine, the unit was fine. Aircon worked a treat!!!! We were a family with 2 adults and 3 kids and we all had a ball! The unit was clean, there was enough room and it was across the road from the beach which was fantastic. There's an awesome little thai takeaway within walking distance called Chilli Charlie's. The pricing ... every meal $14.00. Also Pizza and others within walking distance.

We will definately come back. You get what you pay for. We paid for a premium unit and werent disappointed.

Thank you Jon and Bev.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank hannahsmumGoldCoast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My Husband serves in the airforce currently in afganstan, he came home for a 10 day break to spend time with me and our 16month old boy. So i took him to this place thought it was beautiful till we checked out and i accedently left 6 dresses behind, then i went back later that day to get them and when i went to the front desk i was handed only 3 to me. I was told this was all that the cleaner had found, When i asked who else had access to the room after we left and i was told only the cleaner. Work that out! I said that i was going to report my dresses stolen i was told to wait till the manager returned. When He did I made contact with him and he just laughed at me. Now We Arn't rich and this was the 1st time we had done this sort of thing and look what happens!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family