“Over Rated & Out dated”

Maroochydore Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Maroochydore B&B and Inns
“Over Rated & Out dated”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as everywhere else was booked out. Very disappointing motel considering the high price paid, in many ways ie: A/C is old style, cheap & very loud so loud u cant sleep with it on, but no window & no lock on fly screen means u cant leave door open for fresh air. Rooms are hot n stuffy so u need AC! Even when you turn it off to give your ears a rest the other rooms have their AC on, the sound & vibration is felt thru the whole block. TV is tiny! -no cable. Pool not heated, pillows too high & hard.. How is this 3.5 star? Just up the street can get heated pool, cable TV. etc these are 3.5 star.. Unfortunately they were booked out. Would not stay here again for the price

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Emu_Knees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wamuran
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I needed accommodation for one night during the Christmas/New Year holidays and was lucky enough to find it here. It was very convenient and close to where I needed to be. The current managers have been there about 2 years I think and have completely revamped the place from its previous eccentric theme. It's still fairly dated and could do with a spruce up, but it's clean and the managers are helpful and friendly. Recommended for short stays.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo J
Cairns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I would like to comment of this absolutely first class accommodation for budget people traveling toward Cairns or Brisbane....
I was traveling toward Cairns on Sunday morning when I did brake down just north of Maroochydore...RACQ came and took my vehicle to Maroochydore garage but as expected closed on Sunday...
I was booked in the Maroochydore Beach Motel, first the reception was brilliant and very friendly the manager Arthur was so helping that in few minutes I knew all about the place next to the Motel for have lunch, diner and Club all to a little walking distance...I was taken to my room by Arthur and can see straight away how the room was look after..Absolutely spotless....Coffee and tea were available with FRESH milk...Good impression when you are tired...I did have a shower and love it...The bed is of superb quality and I did relax well for the few moments I lay down...the room was so quiet...During my 2 night of stay I went to the Club may be 400 m the Thai restaurant excellent 150m...One thing extra was the cheese platter available in the motel exquisite simple well priced and plentiful... I actually have 2 of them during my stay...Arhur did help me for my cab booking to get my vehicle back ...I was lucky enough to be invited to have diner with Arthur and his future wife Dona on my last night...Superbe South African sausage grilled to perfection with excellent mashed potatoes, as entree we had a Terrine of pintade with foie gras, we did have an excellent Australian red wine a Woodstock....I can consider myself as a fortuned lucky man to have this beautiful diner with this couple...I would recommend this Motel to anybody wanting a nice night of sleep and the Kindness of Arthur and Dona which is hard to find nowadays...This motel did surprise me for the quality of the room which without tralala are excellent and relaxing...Quality price imbattable...And the style of the Motel is quite classic...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pboon
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recently spent a night here with my family. The rooms all have their own unique funky theme, giving a more personalised touch than most motels. Hosts were pleasant, room was clean & just a short walk to a lovely beach. Would definitely recommend this motel. (PS. Hosts hint that ringing to book directly with them is cheaper than booking online.)

Room Tip: Check their website & see if there is a theme you prefer - never hurts to ask it if that one is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Banksia G
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night and found it to be very pleasant, comfortable and affordable. The room itself was fairly simple but just what we needed for the night. The motel is centrally located and a short walk to local restaurants and beaches. This was one of the cleanest motels I've ever stayed at. Usually I notice if the room is a bit dirty but this time I remarked on how clean everything was, including the shower and bathroom sink. We were very impressed with the small details such as cable ties keeping the lamp switches from falling behind the bed.

I had been in contact with the owners by phone and email before our stay and they were extremely friendly and helpful, with a welcoming attitude on our arrival. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imoani
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on a business trip.

This is a well located and affordable motel with comfortable, clean rooms (with equally clean ensuite bathroom). This single story motel is nestled amongst a number of tall apartment buildings. While there are no views at the motel, it makes up for this by being very close to the beach (great for an early morning walk).

I am not sure about the concept of "themed" rooms. However, my Japanese/oriental themed room was fine and inoffensive.

There are a number of cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance.

I would choose this place for a short stay (a few days), for longer stays I would consider one of the many holiday apartment in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SWKA
Sydney
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Traveling for work. Pulled into Maroochydore ,not knowing the town . Spotted the beach motel drove in to ask the question if there was any vacancies , to my surprise there was a vacancy & the owner offered a discount on the spot ,it was only a $10.00 discount but better than nothing . Great rooms ,with an Egyptian make over in the room . Comfy beds . Good coffee special . Buy A latte &. Muffin for $5.00 ,very nice . Plenty to do there . Great experience ,we will be back for sure .

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same ,all very cosy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
Argyle On The Park
Argyle On The Park
#8 of 43 in Maroochydore
Maroochy River Resort & Bungalows

Been to Maroochydore Beach Motel? Share your experiences!