“What an absolute DIVE”

Maroochydore Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Maroochydore B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place that we booked was absolutely disgusting, I have never stayed in such a [--]house room before and paying $150 a night. I am thinking of never using your site again {wotif}. If I was able to back out of it I would have. It was not even safe, there was only 1 door to the room {which is usually normal} but there were no windows so if there was a fire you would be trapped without a window to even try to climb out. There was no heating except for a little blow heater in the cupboard, that didnt even have safety cutout switches and this is meant to be a family room which should be kid friendly. The carpet was well worn,skanky looking and left a musty smell to the room. AND how in the hell can you let a Motel of this quality advertise that they are 4.5 star rating even if it is their word, they would be lucky if you gave it a 2 star rating. And to top it off where everyone smokes outside of their rooms it drifts down the little corridor and fills the room with cigarette smoke. I wont even give it a score out of 10

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jimmy H
MaroochyMbm, Manager at Maroochydore Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Listening to all complaints and compliments, we took over the management of the motel in February endeavour to correct any faults that have been brought to our attention, we have a designated area away from the rooms for all smokers now, we have replaced all the heaters in all the rooms and as far as windows go we cannot change that fact due to the way the motel was built. Everybody is entitled to their opnion, please feel free to read the others as well

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at the Maroochydore Beach Motel. What a surprise to find this treasure. All the rooms are themed - something for everyone. We stayed in the Mediterranean Room. It was large, clean and comfortable. The motel is within walking distance to many eating options and the beach.
Quality for money.
Next time I want to stay in the Bali Room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aussietrippers_1
MaroochyMbm, General Manager at Maroochydore Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

We accept any feed back from our guests good or bad, and thank you for your point of view, a first for the calibre of complaint though. Any guest that is not entirely happy is most welcome to come and discuss their complaint with the manager. We endeavour to give the best service to all our clients.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Interesting and fun decor, plenty of room and close to everything but we heard no noise during the night. Spotless linen and comfortable beds . I need to be in Cotton tree twice a year and won't bother looking anywhere else. being able to book in for one night is so good as most insist on at least two nights. Manager was friendly and helpful, Well done Annies. Cheers Lara

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lara T
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I found this hotel in the 'Rough Guides: East Coast Australia' book and stayed here in September 2011, as part of a three week East Coast tour. I have always been pleased with Rough Guides reccommendations in the past, and this was no exception.

The location of the motel is excellent firstly; just a short walk to shops, restaurants and the beach (I used to go and walk on it late at night) and if you go a little further you will be in the main centre of Maroochydore where there is even more variety. Annie gave me lots of leaflets about takeaways and places to eat, and some discount vouchers for breakfast at a beach cafe, which were most helpful! If you are planning to go to Australia Zoo the courtesy bus stops on First avenue, about 5 minutes walk away. There is a good Airport transfer service available (to Brisbane or Sunshine Coast) which will stop there.The motel itself was just delightful; Annie was very friendly to me when I first checked in, and she asked me about my plans and gave me some helpful tips. She got me some fresh milk, which I always prefer to the vacuum packed little cartons which you usually get! Another nice surprise was her collection of parrots, which were adorable. Each room in this motel has its own individual design, and I stayed in a 'Hollywood' room, which had Elvis/Marilyn Monroe decor. This could have been really tacky, but it wasn't. I managed to see a few other rooms; there was a tiger- and pink-themed which I noticed, which again looked fun. My room was very spacious and bright (the biggest I'd stayed in thus far, compared to the more compact city hotel rooms), with a big fridge, TV, huge dressing table/'worktop' area, tea and coffee and hairdryer, all of which worked perfectly. The wardrobe was a good size and there was an iron and ironing board provided. My bed was huge and comfortable, and the bathroom (with a spacious shower) was also quite large and well-lit. Vending machines were provided for snacks and drinks too, which was quite handy. Regarding security, each room has 2 sets of sliding doors, inner and outer, which could be securely fastened and I felt quite safe there. My room was cleaned properly every day of my stay.

The only thing I would mention - and I don't see it as a problem as such, more something to bear in mind - is that there is no Internet access available. This was not really a problem for me (and in any case there was a small Internet cafe not far from the motel), but other people may want to consider this aspect.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay at this refreshingly different place, and would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PoshRegan
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is a nice motel in the heart of Cotton Tree at Maroochydore. It's only a very short walk to the shops, beautiful beach, river and restaurants. Each room has a different theme and we had the 'Chocolate' room. Very nicely done out in different shades of brown and gold but best of all - very clean and tidy. The motel is not new but lacks for little and for the price we paid in the middle of the January school holidays and the convenience and cleanliness, we were very pleased. The proprieter Annie and the other staff we met were very friendly and obliging. The pool was out of order but with the beach and the river so close that was not an issue. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wynnuman
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Looking for a 1 night last-minute booking, my daughter and I came across Annie's - and we're glad we did! We had the pleasure of staying in the Princess Room (pink theme) which was fun and something different. The room was clean, fresh and well maintained. Unlike some other reviews, we had no problems with noise at all, it was really peacful even though judging by the carpark there were lots of other guests in residence.

Annie provided fresh milk rather than UHT and discount vouchers for local restaurants - a lovely and thoughtful touch.

Once query Trip Advisor - why is this establishment listed in Bed and Breakfast? It doesn't appear to suit the nature of the business.

Room Tip: Check out the different themed rooms if you can, to get a sense of the unique nature of this motel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

A group of us recently stayed here in a few of the motel's themed rooms.
While Annie's is fun, has everything you need in a motel and it is good to stay somewhere that little bit different, we recommend you only stay here if you are a heavy sleeper.
Each morning we were woken by an excruciatingly loud noise (water pipes perhaps?) that kicked off around 5am and was loud enough to wake the dead. Even with earplugs I was woken and could not get back to sleep for the hours it continued. It was awful! Our friends in other rooms confirmed it woke them too. And when we went to complain the next morning there was no one in the office to talk to.
Annie's may advertise itself as being quirky and quiet, but during our stay it was unfortunately not the latter.

Room Tip: Themed rooms are fun, but some are a bit on the tacky side so maybe check out which room you willbe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissLC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
#11 of 44 in Maroochydore
Gateway Lifestyle Maroochy
Gateway Lifestyle Maroochy
#23 of 44 in Maroochydore

Been to Maroochydore Beach Motel? Share your experiences!