“very good food at a reasonable price”
Review of Dino's europa deli

Dino's europa deli
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Mareeba
Cuisines: European
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopped in at the deli on our way back to Cairns from Cooktown and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. The prices were reasonable and the food was great. Our problem was we went right on lunch time and it was very busy so we did have a bit of a wait for our food but we weren't in a rush so it didn't cause a problem.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The lady at the counter was lovely, and allowed me to purchase one milkshake but have it served in two plastic cups for my 1 and 2 year old children, with extra icecream!
It then took 25 mins and my 2 year old going to ask for them to remember to make our drinks. We got a hasty "sorry"and were told our order was THROWN OUT!
My 1 year old then spilt some of her drink. I went to apologise, and asked for some paper towel to wipe it up. The lady took me around to a mop, handed it to me, and told me to put it back in the bucket when I was done. Perhaps this was fair enough, but I have NEVER had to do that before. I thought it was rude.
Later, another lady working there came towards us (and not to collect out empty plates and cups!) and commented on how dirty my 1 year old's knees were from crawling on the floor! Was I expected to mop the whole area? Or was she to sit on my lap? Unfortunately there was no high chair!

A very disappointing morning :-(

2  Thank Kylieplustwo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very pleasant staff, great rolls, excellent range of take-away snacks, sausages and continental foods. You can either stop just for coffee and a snack or buy a delightful range of reasonably-priced and gourmet foods for your onward journey.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We came across this cafe on a stopover for coffee. This deli/cafe stood out. Open the door and the smells transport you to Europe. Great cappachinos ( esp. double shot). Lyon street take note!
Then try and escape without buying the exotic focaccias and ciabatta filled with lovely delicacies.
Don't look at the cakes there are so many to choose you'll never leave: baklavas, Greek vanilla slices.
Then herbs, spices, pulses and great hot stuff from Columbia.
I know it's not a destination but if you're passing, have a coffee and fill up on the goodies you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We're Cairns locals and decided to give this deli a try on our way to Granite Gorge. Amazing! .... it was so good that we dropped in for lunch on our way back to Cairns as well. It is simply not possible to find a comparable deli in Cairns! For $9.95 we had a gourmet roll of wood fired bread, sopressa, delicious gourmet cheese and a choice of Mediterranean char grilled vegetables - we opted for the eggplant. They even managed to make my decaf coffee in such a fashion that it was strong & flavoursome - a far cry from the dishwater I've come to expect from most places. My husband & his mate are chefs and they both agreed that it's well worth the trip to Mareeba just for the delights that Dino's Deli serves up. And, don't miss out on the daily array of locally sourced, fresh vegetables - we purchased some of their cherry tomatoes and a soft leafed cos lettuce - again, outstanding.