“Disappointing”

The Terrace Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with
The Terrace Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Maleny
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Terrace has been an icon for dining in the hinterland for 20 years, having won the best tourism restaurant in Queensland three years in a row and the best in Australia in the year 2000.The Terrace has a huge following of locals and visitors who think nothing of driving up from Brisbane for lunch.With magnificent views and a very romantic out look at night,the best seafood experience in Qld,you do need to make reservations. Open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner.
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Fish of the day - two small pieces of tempura fish, nice but three would be better for the price; with cheap frozen tasteless chips [in a fancy basket] and a very small salad. Sorry, but you can get better on the front at Mooloolaba for a fraction of the price.

Wine menu needed cleaning, as did the seats, a bit grubby.

One member of staff with very blonde hair [male] didn't smile, let alone make you feel wanted.

All in all, certainly not the best place to eat with the consolation of the view, but you can get that eating many places in the Hinterland.

We are local and eat up there often, but we won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank FajaraWellTravelled
Craig M, Owner at The Terrace Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
dear miss C,This is the first time I have felt I should reply to a review, I am totally disappointed with your review, you give us a 1 for service, you were attended to by my wife Pauline who has a huge reputation for spoiling people, she did decorate your table for your parents special occasion, made sure you received extra prompt attention presented your parents with a special chocolate plaque for their 50th anniversary gave you all the attention she would give anyone in the restaurant yet you say our service is not up to standard, everyone of our staff understand the value of our customers to our business and for 22 years we have strived to provide the best we can for people. The blonde waiter you mention was serving another table of 14 people he was not assigned to your table, I don't see how you can make a fair judgment of him. When you left the restaurant with your parents I spoke to you personally and you left me with the impression you were very happy. Your account was $154.00 for 3 people with wine, main courses, and dessert, I don't feel this would be regarded as expensive in a quality restaurant. I would have preferred that you gave us the opportunity to respond to your comments in person when I would have ensured you did not leave the restaurant disappointed. regards Craig Mitchell (owner)

Brisbane, Australia
“One of the worst experiences we have ever had at any restaurant”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I know, I know, very bold opening statement, however.

It was Absolutely incredible, what I am about to write is at such odds to the other comments made here I am thinking possibly that I am dreaming. One sec let me have my wife pinch me !!,

OUCH.......Yep, unfortunately I am awake ! It was really that bad. !!!

Rude staff, rude management, poor food no ambience and a large bill.

I really do not want to reflect further on this, I just want to forget it.

However never one avoid the effort to potentially assist other people to avoid the same trap I wrote this little diatribe.

Nothing like throwing 300$ out a window to make you mad. Cold when it was supposed to be hot, warm when it was supposed to be cold and frowns when there should be smiles.

10 Thank Rick H
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We chose to try this for our last night on our honeymoon and glad we did we got seated straight away without a booking, ordered our meals and didn't wait to long, meals were a excellent size and very tasty would come again

1 Thank Shannon V
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It was a lovely place we went there to see if our daughter and fiancé would have there wedding there. The food took awhile to come out it was lovely when we got it. I found the staff not really friendly and had to keep asking for water.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Service and Quality of food were excellent. My husband and I had the platter for two. The seafood chowder was lovely. We both enjoy our seafood however we were not able to finish the platter. The palate cleanser between serves were delightful. Really enjoyed our meal here and would definitely return if we visit Maleny again. Good value when using Entertainment book cards.

1 Thank LoveItalian255068