“Better than dining in Hastings Street Noosa”

King Ludwigs German Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Maleny
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Please note: King Ludwigs Restaurant is closed for renovations and annual holidays until 31.3.17. We will reopen on Saturday 1.4.17 and look forward to serving you again. King Ludwigs Restaurant opened it's doors in Maleny more than 2 decades ago and is run by the Bavarian couple, Barbara & Klaus with the help or their 3 children and professional team. From King Ludwigs you overlook the magnificent Glasshouse Mountains and Moreton Bay. Book your table to enjoy this 180 degree view from the verandahs and authentic German cuisine created by owner/chef Klaus and his sous chefs. Views, alpine feel, chalet dining rooms, wood fires and the authentic Bavarian beer bar stocked with more than 35 imported German brews combined with passionate service and honest food make King Ludwigs a destination in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Give us a yodel soon! Your hosts, Barbara & Klaus and Team
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had never been to King Ludwigs before and we were welcomed as though we had arrived back in Bavaria! We have travelled through Europe and often miss the European humour and hospitality in Australia. We found it again at King Ludwigs! Barbara is made for hospitality, she was organised, to the point and got a real thrill out of her guests having a great time. She even invited us into the bar for schnaps after our meal. We had spent Christmas in "Hastings Street Noosa" which is meant to be the top end of hospitality... Truly I would pick a night at King Ludwigs anyday now over Noosa. Maleny is the place to visit on the Sunshine Coast, people are personal and genuinely love their town. Must visit for everyone!! Special thanks again to Barbara and her children we will be back!!!

2  Thank Rachel S

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I am a regular visitor to King Ludwig's and am always completely satisfied with the friendly, efficient service, attention to detail and delicious, high quality food! Barbara and other staff always make you feel very welcomed! Having grown up with German food and having tried German food in a variety of other restaurants, I can honestly say that Klaus's cooking is the only German food that lives up to be as tasty and as fabulous as my own mothers cooking !! The atmosphere and views here are an added bonus! I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

3  Thank Ben M
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was recommended by my son Martin to go to Ludwig's Restaurant. Finally my cousin from Holland and her husband came to visit us in Brisbane. Came up with the idea on Saturday and phoned to make a reservation for lunch on Sunday.
Barbara was very helpful and accommodating in suggesting a time of 11.30am to have a table outside and to be finished for the 1.30pm booking of other guests. She gave me an hour to respond and I felt very looked after with her suggestion. When we arrived we where welcomed by her son and served by her daughter very polite and very helpful with recommendation with the menu.
She spoke in German with my cousin. Like all good hostess checking if we enjoyed if all waS right. The food was exceptional the pretzel with cheese dip very delish the atmosphere was lively the views delightful the beer amazing the boot with lemon lime and bitters was wonderful and novel. The butterscotch Schnapps was a treat. We where do full from the generous food portion could not fit dessert. The restaurant is very busy but we felt loved in a German home. Thank you
Yvan& Margaret, Hans & Marga from the Netherlands

2  Thank Margyvan
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been there over the last 8 years several times and we as Ex-Germans have to say: There food is outstanding and always very tasty. There hospitality is very welcoming and there personality is very warm. From the minute you enter Barbara and Klaus’ Restaurant you just feel good. The place itself could be somewhere in Bavaria, great Glasshouse-Mountain views - except for glimpses of sea view, because this gives you an extra highlight. It is a peaceful setting where we always come back, because the food is not only good – it’s perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Sigi22
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited King Ludwigs as part of a xmas group booking and were blown away with the atmosphere, service and attention to customers. This was the 3rd visit for my husband, he loves the place. Barbara makes you feel like part of the family and our compliments to Klaus for the excellent food. I highly recommend the Barvarian Combo and Sticky date desert. We will definitely return for a long overdue honeymoon stay in the cabin. Thanks

2  Thank Shed B