“World's Best Bed and Breakfast, elegant but down home”
Review of Maleny Hideaway

Maleny Hideaway
Ranked #11 of 15 Maleny B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This is a beautiful setting for a really peaceful Bed and Breakfast, located in Maleny , Queensland, Australia. It was more that I would hoped it would be. This is a little peace of paradise, the room was perfect and decorated very nice. The food was great and the hosts Kerrie and Grant, they are the best, they really make you feel like you are part of the family. If you are local to Australia you must check this place out and if you are visiting on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, from any where in the world check out the website, then make a reservation, I'm sure you will not be disappointed with your stay. Ruth, Utah USA kajunkoala@yahoo.com [--]

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed June 9, 2009

Location was excellent with great views and quiet surroundings. This paled into insignificance with the friendly warm service provided. We felt right at home very quickly with Kerrie and grant the managers at this facility. This wasnt a stay at a hotel or resort it was like going to a home as family members.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We recently stayed at Maleny Hideaway on a weekend away from the city bustle. We met my sister and her partner and spent a couple of very relaxing days.

We found the peaceful atmosphere to be exactly what we were looking for. We were made very welcome but also had all the space we needed to really relax.

The live-in couple are not your usual B&B fare but they were welcoming but not overwhelming. This may have been reflected in the breakfast service which was a bit slow but we had a big hot breakfast which was all we were looking for before a long day hiking.

in the hinterland, we visited the glass mountains

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was on a course in nearby Montville for 2 days and needed a place
to stay for one night that wouldnt break the budget so chose this b&b
which seemed to be the cheapest in the area. My room was lovely with
a view straight out over a valley and with my own little patio. There
seemed plenty of room to roam around in the building and in its
grounds. Breakfast was great and I had it sitting out on a balcony
overlooking the garden. At one point some parrots settled in a tree
quite close to me which was a treat to be that close to nature. I
havent had pancakes first thing in the morning for years and,
combined with fresh fruit, what a treat! The icing on the cake for me
was the new owner, Kerrie, who was so friendly and went out of her
way to make sure that everything was OK for me. I thoroughly enjoyed
my short stay and am looking forward to going back one day.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2009

When we first arrived having seen photo's on the web, we were still gob-smacked when we pulled up and looked at the place. It was beautifully set and contained, and provided us with just the place to put our feet up and relax. Lots to do and see in town, and large centres and beaches are all about 20min from town, we with family went rock climbing and canoeing- couldn't recommend it more for a long stay with family, or a small time out from the world.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I'm a bit reluctant to give a poor review of this b&b, because it obviously holds a lot of potential whilst being probably fairly hard work for the young owners. Nevertheless, it was the only disppointing b&b we stayed at during a 3 week trip all over Oz. You could not help feeling the rooms were not properly clean - those without ensuite were very basic( soap supplied was really horrible ). We had the company of huntsmen spiders in our room on both nights of our stay which terrified us ( we know now they're not dangerous but they are huge and fast !) The corridors were not kept very clean , the TV still out of order but can't see why anyone would want this anyway. Breakfast was fine but they should offer butter and preserves per table rather than in tall jars with no serving spoons. We were first told that we could only have breakfast at 8.30 am to fit in with other guests ! which we thought ridiculous but the owner then came back to us and accomodated our requests. Its location with lush greenery all around and tree frogs also hopping around corridors was a bonus but its a drive outof Maleny and to any restaurants. With hard work and an update this could be a great place.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank FredAthens
Reviewed December 18, 2008

From the moment we arrived our host was warm, friendly and offered to assist us with no end of recommendations, local tourist information, useful dinner bookings and safe transport home.
Maleny Hideaway certainly has a homely feel and given the reasonable price I thought the facilities and atmosphere excellent. My husband, children and I enjoyed the pool, the gardens and the divine breakfast which our host eagerly prepared at the ungodly hour of 7am on Sunday due to our early flights!
My husband and I do not hesitate to recommend Maleny Hideaway to our friends and family and we simply cannot wait till our next chance to return to this family friendly escape.
Well done Maleny Hideaway!! We'll be back!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)