“Never again...”
Review of Maleny Hideaway

Maleny Hideaway
Ranked #11 of 15 Maleny B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was on a motorbike tour with two of my mates and I had made the booking based on the reviews here which I still cannot figure out!!. I was embarrased in front of my mates who are international executives that travel the world. They had entrusted me with the booking considering I am an ex hotelier. As I called before we arrived I was told by Kerrie the owner that she won't be available when we arrived (4:30pm) but her Daughter would attend to us, which was fine. Upon arrival we had to park our expensive bikes among the chooks that were running all over the place and a goat! For a minute I thought I had booked us into a Farm House.
Mollie the daughter was very nice but had to call the mother who was in the Pub to get our reservation straightened out as a room was missing. The property could be a gem but it is old and ran down needs a lot of TLC. It is obvious that it is unprofessionally managed especially when the owners have their relatives with loads of kids staying there. The insulation of the building is none existant... you can hear the water running, doors being slammed, the kitchen noise and smell early in the morning. None of the room doors close properly and some have no locks. In my shower I had cobwebs and the bathroom was not too clean. On the bright side Mollie was kind enough to run us into town for some petrol money but contrary to the info received by Kerrie during my telecon none of the restaurant were opened on Anzac day except for the Pub! Breakfast was acceptable although the scrambled eggs were overcooked.
Thank God for small mercies it was only for one night but I still have the comments of my mates ringing in my ears!
I apologies for the long comments but I thought it was necessary to be more specific and hopefully save a few customers from such an experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 802RichardT
malenyhideaway, Owner at Maleny Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hi Richard I am sorry that your stay was so unsatisfactory. I am not exactly sure how your room was missing as when I left all three rooms were made up and ready. As I was going to be away for a couple of hours I arranged two of my daughters to be here to check you in as one is in her thirties and the other eighteen I was very sure that they could cope. We do have goats that help us keep the grass down in the paddock behind the carport but they are tethered and can not reach vehicles. The chickens are allowed to free range two or three days a week but they do not usually hang around the carport as it is bitumen and there is not a lot of food to be found. We did have children staying, as you would be aware we are family friendly, but unfortunately they were not all mine. It was NSW school holidays during your stay and we had a family with two teenagers booked in to two downstairs rooms. Though we do our best to keep the house cobweb free i am the first to admit this is not always possible we live in a rainforest area and another than cutting down all the tree's from around the house the cobwebs will keep coming back on a daily sometimes hourly basis unfortunately. Finally we are a three and a half star accommodation which is reflected in our amenities and price, we do try to make up for it with service and a very substitutional breakfast but in the long run some guests are better putting the money saved on taxi fares etc into higher rated accommodation which offers more extensive extras that in our family friendly accommodation we are not able to supply.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Loved it, very relaxed, absolutely beautiful location lived up to it's name of "hideaway"
Great hosts, nice clean rooms, delicious country brekkie and great service.
Had a lovely time, highly recommended if staying in Maleny. Close to everything

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Pleasantly surprised! We were only up there for a day for a wedding but value for money the best place my wife and I have stayed at in the region. Beautiful location - quiet and private. Friendly owner who prepared a great breakfast and was more than happy to help with anything we needed. The resident cat was hilarious as well...

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location is magnificent, the breakfast outstanding. Our host was extremely helpful and laidback. Such a lovely family.
I really hope that one day I can return there for a longer stay. Because it's outright probably one of the best B&B's I've been to so far.

Room Tip: The higher, the better.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Kerrie and Grant go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Providing a lift into town, a spare mobile phone charger or to use the internet was never too much trouble. The room was quiet and clean, the bed very comfortable. I would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting the Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AdventurousSue
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very enjoyable stay over the Christmas period. Hosts are very easy going and overall it was very relaxing. Place was ideal for our family as there was plenty of room for our little one to run around, see and interact with some farm animals (chooks and goats) and the gentle labrador. Great base to explore the hinterland and surrounds. Easy to find as its on the main road to Kenilworth from Maleny and there is good signage before the driveway entrance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a two night stay and found Maleny Hideaway to be in a nice quite area close by to Maleny. Our Room was a little on the small side, but then you get what you paid for. It is very reasonable in cost, so is good as a stop over. The room we had was below the entertainment area so was a little noisy with others staying. Maleny Hideaway has nice views of the area. Host was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple