“Best place in Maleny !”

Ranked #10 of 15 Maleny B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Best place in Maleny !”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wow is all I can say! We booked for one night and loved the friendly welcome. I arrived with a back injury which has occured a few hours before. A one night booking turned into one week because I decided "this" was the place to stay and heal my back. I felt like I was home and was fed and spoilt, given a hot water bottle and a great Chiropracter contact in the town. A week later and Im back to new.

I would highly recommend this B&B. The breakfast included was yummy, the owners Grant and Kerrie are super friendly and helpful and the gardens and views are stunning. The room was lovely, the bed was soooooo good. We will certainly be back here again and highly recommend Maleny Hideaway as the BEST place to stay in Maleny.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sinead F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2012

A huge thank you to Grant & Kerrie, Molly & Christine for the most wonderful accommodation,
service & hospitality, we've ever experienced, staying at a B & B. Spectacular views, amazing service, incredible low cost, making it possible for us to come & stay, the best food, and gorgeous accommodation. What more can we say, just ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

We felt relaxed, looked after, safe, and extremely comfortable. We will be telling every one about
our stay, and we will definately be coming back LOTS !!! THANK YOU MALENY HIDEAWAY!!!

Room Tip: all were lovely
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Deer Park, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I visited the area on business and searched high and low for accommodation in the Maleny/Conondale area. I settled on the Maleny Hideaway without really doing much research. It was kind of odd, normally I'm staying at big hotels in big cities so I approached my stay with a certain amount of uncertainty.

The uncertainty was unjustified. I was greeted in the driveway by Grant who knew who I was and where I was coming from. Right from that moment and for the next few days I was treated like a friend and an honored guest. Kerrie and Grant are the consummate hosts and highly accomplished in the difficult art of making guests feel welcome and included.

My room was excellent. I had a private shower and sink, with a toilet shared by three other rooms. The setup worked well. I believe that the facility does have some rooms that have an entire private ensuite.

Breakfast was delicious, punctual and full of options. The Hideaway was completely full for several days of my stay, but that didn't have any effect on the on-time delivery of breakfast at the requested time.

I was concerned about my ability to find the Maleny Hideaway but again the fears were unfounded. The entrance is clearly signposted well in advance of the entrance and at the entrance in both directions.

The facility itself is spotless and well maintained. The views from the common areas are breathtaking, initially manicured gardens then off to an amazing vista of the Glass House Mountains. The Hideway is quiet, very, very quiet. Well, except for the cacophony of native birds playing in the trees.

I see a poor review from one other person and I truly question if she was at the same place I stayed.

Next time I need a vacation with a little peace and quiet, in a friendly, happy place, the Maleny Hideaway will be high on my list.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank christ0fu
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Maleny, the Hideaway is set amongst beautiful grounds, with stunning views. You could not find lovelier people, Kerrie and Grant provided a warm welcome and made us feel at home. Kerrie cooked a delicious breakfast both mornings and they were more than helpful with tips for the area. The room was large and spacious, very clean and well presented. The house balcony provided the ultimate place to take bubbles and watch the sunset.
Only wish we had more time there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The view from the room is spectacular. Found the room very clean and comfortable. Our hosts were very friendly and welcoming and we were really enjoyed the restaurant they recommended for our celebration dinner. Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Room 1 is under the breakfast room and the sound of other customers walking around penetrates the ce...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Kerrie and Grant are great hosts that made us feel welcome as soon as we met them. The beautiful old queenslander has high ceilings throughout and makes the rooms seem spacious yet cozy and were very clean. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Maleny hideaway is a hidden secret that should be shared with the world. It is located down a long drive way nestled in the breath taking hinterland of Maleny. The landscape is enchanting and the grounds exude a tropical feeling including palm trees, bamboo, and flowers so vibrant they look like they were hand painted. The pool area is equipped with deck chairs, parasols and tables to cater for all relaxation purposes. The pool was clean with crystal clear water and a rubber ring to relax in and absorb the peaceful air. Our room was very clean with an en suite shower and shared toilet. The toilet was five steps from our room, it was very clean and maintained to a high standard. I think our room could of been the room described as a "jail cell concrete block." If so this is incorrect, the room was small however very clean with two windows that were fitted with screens to allow clean air and prevent creepy critters. We also had fabric blinds. We had clean towels delivered every 2nd day as well as the option to have the sheets changed. My partner has problems with his neck and he experienced no pain while sleeping in the comfortable double bed. There were extra blankets if needed and tea and coffee in our room. Gr8 value for money come on. The views were fabulous, you really felt disconnected from the hustle and bustle of every day life - it was very therapeutic. On arrival Kerrie and Grant were welcoming and gave us a grand tour. We knew this was going to be a fantastic getaway. We were welcome to use the fridge, kitchen and BBQ area at our leisure. We could not fault Kerrie, Grant and Molly's hospitality they were flawless, even Otis (the 10yr old lab) and Missy (the cute kitten) were very welcoming. We spent most nights sharing stories with the family and the other quests, they even cooked a beautiful roast for us! Huge bonus. The breakfast was included in the price and was waiting for us each morning. The fruit salad was very fresh (and perfectly chopped) and the full English scrumptious. The views from the dinning room were truly majestic. Thank you Kerrie, Grant and Molly, best holiday ever, we will be back, as will our family and friends. This hidden gem comes recommended to the highest degree. "Photographs are a true reflection of ones self, they are concrete and impossible to alter" Take a look, Maleny Hideaway is a hidden treasure to be experienced by all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple