All reviewssconeson arrivalcoffee podslake baroonthe cottagesdeep tissue massagefreshly squeezed juicecouples massagefish tankordered dinnergarden cottagemy partnerwine glassesin room diningwonderful massageromantic getawayattention to detail
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband booked a room for a night at LillyPillys for our anniversary, and it was great. Its an awesome place to get away from the daily grind of work, city, work, city and kids. We were made feel very welcome the moment we arrived. We were shown to our room which was lovely. It was VERY CLEAN, which is a MUST for my husband and I. There was clearly attention to detail in the rooms, from the towels to the candles, coffee and tea. we were informed as to where the closes shops were and about the other services they offer. We took them up on a massage then borrowed some of their DVDs and relaxed in our room, soaking up the view, the smells of the bush and the sounds of nature.
We ordered dinner to be delivered to our room. I was a little worried about this as we have stayed at other places and have had our dinner brought to our room and it was always cold.
But this was very different, our food arrived piping hot, and there was plenty of it, which made me feel a lot better about the fact we had ordered breakfast the following morning, which was just as good as tea. I loved the fact that their check out time is later then most others places we have stayed at, and that is at no extra cost.

This is a place I would recommend to anyone wanting to get away, even if its just for 1 night. Its a place I will visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AustraliaJessie
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our adult children found this property for us and gave us a Voucher for my Birthday present. It was the BEST present, honestly. It was a surpirse for me so when I arrived at our gorgeous cottage nestled in the forest overlooking the valley & Lake Baroon I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. We stayed in Azelia Cottage and it was so beautfiully appointed and exceptionally clean, and we just loved the mood-setting soft music. After settling in, Adele arrived with a welcome plate of warm home-made scones with jam & cream. We sat out on the verandah to eat them and relax. We decided to have our dinner cooked for us and we are so glad we did. Our meal was so well prepared and presented, we just thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Whilst waiting for our 7pm dinner to arrive we had a luxurious spa bath and shared a bottle of wine and just overlooked the valley. The sunset was captivating. It wasn't cold enough unfortunately to light the fire, however it was ready to go if we chose to. The homemade chocolate-chip cookies were so moorish for supper. The crisp white sheets were a delight to climb into after a wonderful evening. We both slept very well and the night was so quiet and serene. A whip-bird greeted us in the morning, amongst other beautiful birds to welcome in another day. A hot home-cooked breakfast of our choice was bought down to our room again in the morning at a time that suited us. It was just beautifully cooked and presented and we just melted away into our surroundings. Thank you Adele & Josef, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I might suggest a Lake View room - we loved overlooking the Lake and the Valley.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy John L
Reviewed October 13, 2013

At Lilly Pilly's they have thought of everything to ensure you have the best possible stay. From the relaxing music playing in the cottage on arrival to all the food and drink goodies waiting for you it really makes you feel welcome and relaxed. A good location within easy reach if both montville and maleny

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I have spent more than 10 years visiting Josef and Adele.

We love the peace & tranquility also the privacy of the cottages. Hosts Josef & Adele have treated us like Family & it's lovely to arrive & be so welcomed.

The Cottage had everything you could want for. (See previous reviews) I think what really tops it off for us is the meals! Professionally prepared, cooked and presented meals were delivered to our deck for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.course by course!

The views were spectacular, the food delicious, the service excellent and the company fantastic.

We can highly recommend LillyPilly's to others who are after a peaceful and pleasant place to stay. The cottages are private, well-kept and clean, featuring a lot of natural wood, a large bathroom, separate spa bath, wood-burning fireplace (or air-con which we prefer), veranda with table and chairs and all the usual amenities we expect from quality accommodation. There is attention to detail with small touches that make all the difference.

You must try this property for yourself for any special occasion or just a peaceful brake as they also offer some wonderful packages.

We assure you won't be disappointed!

There is plenty to do on the mountain and of course the Sunshine Coast is a short drive away.
LillyPilly's is a great place with all the trimmings of 5 star accommodations, service and more.

My only hesitation in recommending to others would be the risk that so many would discover the wonderful hosts and location that we'd find the place booked out when we want to return...

Thank-you Josef and Adele for truly memorable experiences over the years.

Room Tip: there are different attributes to each room- whichever one you choose will be superb.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony_Schofield2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We came here for a night getaway as we hadn't been away from our 3 children for many years and needed to reconnect. All of the positive things the other reviews have to say about this place is absolutely spot on. We stayed in rose cottage and it was magnificent. We were so glad that we decided not to go out for dinner - we could not have possibly found food more fantastic. We couldn't believe it. We eat out a lot and really enjoy a 5 star restaurant occasionally. The 3 course meal delivered to your room course by course was literally a five star restaurant in your room. The quality was first class worthy of any award winning restaurant in the best locations in Australia. To wake up to a misty cover lake Baroon with the fire still crackling and the bird sounds, we do not want to leave and will most certainly wait every year to come back here to have time out together.

• Stayed: June 2013