“Beautiful”
other travelers have booked this property
Bottlebrush Cottage is fully self-contained and air conditioned and sleeps up to four persons.
Entrance to Bottlebrush Cottage with wide verandah and BBQ and outdoor furniture. Bottlebrush Cottage entrance with BBQ facilities and outdoor furniture.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Bottlebrush Cottage entrance with BBQ facilities and outdoor furniture.
Front door and living area in Bottlebrush Cottage with TV, stereo and DVD player.
A fully equipped kitchen in Bottlebrush Cottage.
Main bedroom in Bottlebrush Cottage with queen size bed.
Main bedroom in Bottlebrush Cottage looking through to bathroom and twin bedroom.
Twin bedroom in Bottlebrush Cottage.
Bathroom with twin basins in Bottlebrush Cottage.
Bathroom in Bottlebrush Cottage looking through to main bedroom.
Crimson Rosellas are frequent visitors to our cottages
Wallabies look forward to their morning and afternoon feeds
Living area in Honeyeater Cottage that looks out onto the verandah and the Aussie bush.
Wallabies gather for breakfast at Maleny Country Cottages.
Enjoy a bush walk through our 60acre property.
Bedroom in Kookaburra Cottage with queen size bed.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Merlot08
Brisbane, Australia
“Peaceful”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My mum and I had six nights away to escape people, computers and phones etc. and this was definitely achieved. A beautiful little spot with lots of bird life and wallabies. Cottages are lovely, however are in need of modernising. We travel a lot and you can have old style cottages with modern interior, however these cottages are still back in the 70s with their decor. When you're paying the better part of $1,000 for 6 nights, you expect updated accommodation. Also, because we stayed in the two bedroom cottage, we were only told AFTER my booking deposit had been taken that if we wanted the two single beds in the 2nd room put together to make a king bed, there would be a further charge of $55. The owner denied that she had told me AFTER my deposit had been taken, however if she did her due diligence & checked her email to me confirming that my deposit had been taken, she would see that it was THEN - on that same email - underneath the deposit confirmation details - that she told me there would be a charge of $55 if I required the 2 beds put together. To me, that is extremely bad business practice, and for that reason I would not return. Also, they have a little gazebo down near the pond, but you certainly wouldn't want to sit in it, as it is terribly dilapidated, should probably even be pulled down. The sheets didn't fit the king size bed properly and one of the single beds in the 2nd room made an awful noise every time you moved. Also door fly screens were disgustingly filthy like they had never been cleaned.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pleasant and peaceful surrounds
Liked least: Outdated decor, sheets didn't fit the king size bed properly and one of the single beds in the 2nd room made an awful noise every time you moved. Also door fly screens were disgustingly filthy.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Jul 4, 2014
Our cottages were built during the late 1990’s and since purchasing the establishment in November, 2003, the cottages and property are constantly being up-graded, maintained and refurbished, doing this as time and money allow and all in between bookings and busy periods. The two bedroom cottage in question has had a complete re-vamp of the lounge area and a new kitchen has been installed. The bathroom in this cottage is the last room of all our cottages that needs attention and which we will attend to after the winter bookings are over. As for the screen doors, they are dusted down before our guests arrive and what the guest saw there was, the growth of lichen on the screens, not dirt, which is what happens when you live in the Australian bush and so close to rainforest areas as we are, especially the screen doors facing the south . Lichen is very difficult and almost impossible to remove from the steel fly screens. These screens will also be attended to in due time.

Our returning guests enjoy the comfort and cleanness of our cottages and over the years have notice the changes that we continually make.

We appreciate knowing about the noisy single bed which we will repair or replace. We count on our guests to inform us if anything is not right in their cottage.

With regards to the king bed - when the guest phoned me to pay her deposit, it was toward the end of her call, after she gave me her deposit details, that she asked me about the bedding arrangement in the second bedroom and said she was not used to sleeping in a single bed. So, as I was typing the email to confirm her booking, it was an after-thought, that I mentioned about making up the king bed. The single beds are not ensembles; they do not just simply fit together, they are timber framed beds and when put together, they need to be tied securely for safety and as they end up having a 6 inch gap between the mattresses, the space needs to be filled in to provide comfort for sleeping. With these types of beds, it takes much work in turning it into a king bed that is secure and comfortable and the fee I charge has never before met with disapproval.

I never denied that I had told the guest after taking her deposit because I put the deposit through and then had the after-thought to mention to her about making up the king bed; that is why I added it to the confirmation email. It was never my intention to mislead the guest and said to her that I was happy to refund her deposit if she wished not to go ahead with the booking.
Alik E
“Beautiful”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

The cottage was in great condition and the owners really went that little bit extra to cater for us.Leaving us food to feed the local birds which our young son loved and even rearranging the bedroom so we could fit the cot in easily.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful atmosphere
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Apr 20, 2014
Dear Alik,

Thank you very much for your review on Flipkey about your stay at Maleny Country Cottages.

Claude and I greatly appreciate these reviews as it increases our reputation and brings us much satisfaction in knowing how our guests feel about what we provide for them.

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Rockhampton
Reviewed February 14, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing