“Maleny Cheese is awsome”
Review of Maleny Cheese

Maleny Cheese
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Maleny
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheese and yoghurt made in the heart of the hinterland from fresh local milk. Offering visitors an opportunity to view the production area from large panoramic windows, relax and enjoy the cafe menu and delicious selection of deli products. Groups (10+) by appointment only. All other visitors invited to bring their eskies and shop for fresh regional dairy goods that are all available for tasting before you buy.Cafe menu features signature cheese platters, a variety of open grill toasties, raclette, fondue (allow 45 minutes or book ahead of arrival) and fried Camembert or Brie, to name just a few. Dessert, good coffee and a good wine list compliment the offering.Farmers Market Stalls: SATURDAYRocklee, Bribie Island, Corbould Park, Kawana, Big Pineapple, YandinaSUNDAYEagleFarm, Chandler, Caboolture, Curimundi, Fisherman 's Road, Noosa
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am addicted to the creamy joghurt, the awesome cheeses which spoil you for choice. I love the herbed feta and buffalo cream cheese and quark especially. Nice that you can take away or eat there, the cheese platters are out of this world. Friendly staff and atmosphere complete the picture.

SaraMaleny, Guest Relations Manager at Maleny Cheese, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback late last year - much appreciated and we hope you continue to drop in when you get the time

Reviewed December 12, 2012

rude staff, cheese that looked dry.. when i walked in no one spoke to me.. so i left. dont think i would recommend this place to anyone.

5  Thank Georgia B
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I visited the Maleny Cheese factory with one thing in mind - cheese. More specifically, I wanted to make a small cheese platter for my partner and I to enjoy with a bottle of wine.

The lady serving us was extremely helpful and didn't mind that we took our time to pick our favourites amongst the lot. For the price point, the quality is excellent. Will definitely return when I'm back up that way!

1  Thank Bazza_87
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently traveled up to Maleny specifically to go to Maleny Cheese for lunch and to purchase cheese and yoghurts to bring home with me. When we arrived the staff looked at us and said nothing while we stood at the door for 5 minutes waiting for someone to greet or seat us. After we sat down a girl with pink/purple hair came over and rudely told us that we had to order at the counter. So when we went to order we stood waiting at the counter for a good 10 minutes while the 3 girls working stood around talking about their lives and weekends instead of serving us. When I asked the girl with the pink/purple hair at the counter for water she sneered at me, rolled her eyes and very rudely told me "its over there, you get it yourself". This is the WORST customer service I have ever had and probably wont ever go back or buy any of your products. When the 'cheese platter' came out it was just a few samples of cheese thrown on a plate. It was not a platter at all, and what kind of a cheese cafe serves their cheese with a bread and butter knife and not a cheese knife? It was a complete rip off and was so disgusted with the poor service that I left without buying any of the cheese or yoghurt as I didn't want to support their business.

7  Thank L W
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like cheese but it's nice to have an experience when going for a tasting. You know, meet the people, hear the stories. I found the staff very brief..."here you go"...put the cheese up on the counter, leave you to it, come back in a second after doing whatever it is she had to do. Definitely worth a visit though, you can see onto the factory floor and buy up on some delicious local produce.