“worst dining experience ever.”
Review of Maleny Cheese

Maleny Cheese
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Maleny
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheese and yoghurt made in the heart of the hinterland from fresh local milk. Offering visitors an opportunity to view the production area from large panoramic windows, relax and enjoy the cafe menu and delicious selection of deli products. Groups (10+) by appointment only. All other visitors invited to bring their eskies and shop for fresh regional dairy goods that are all available for tasting before you buy.Cafe menu features signature cheese platters, a variety of open grill toasties, raclette, fondue (allow 45 minutes or book ahead of arrival) and fried Camembert or Brie, to name just a few. Dessert, good coffee and a good wine list compliment the offering.Farmers Market Stalls: SATURDAYRocklee, Bribie Island, Corbould Park, Kawana, Big Pineapple, YandinaSUNDAYEagleFarm, Chandler, Caboolture, Curimundi, Fisherman 's Road, Noosa
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently traveled up to Maleny specifically to go to Maleny Cheese for lunch and to purchase cheese and yoghurts to bring home with me. When we arrived the staff looked at us and said nothing while we stood at the door for 5 minutes waiting for someone to greet or seat us. After we sat down a girl with pink/purple hair came over and rudely told us that we had to order at the counter. So when we went to order we stood waiting at the counter for a good 10 minutes while the 3 girls working stood around talking about their lives and weekends instead of serving us. When I asked the girl with the pink/purple hair at the counter for water she sneered at me, rolled her eyes and very rudely told me "its over there, you get it yourself". This is the WORST customer service I have ever had and probably wont ever go back or buy any of your products. When the 'cheese platter' came out it was just a few samples of cheese thrown on a plate. It was not a platter at all, and what kind of a cheese cafe serves their cheese with a bread and butter knife and not a cheese knife? It was a complete rip off and was so disgusted with the poor service that I left without buying any of the cheese or yoghurt as I didn't want to support their business.

7  Thank L W
There are newer reviews for Maleny Cheese

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like cheese but it's nice to have an experience when going for a tasting. You know, meet the people, hear the stories. I found the staff very brief..."here you go"...put the cheese up on the counter, leave you to it, come back in a second after doing whatever it is she had to do. Definitely worth a visit though, you can see onto the factory floor and buy up on some delicious local produce.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Called in to Maleny Cheese before we checked into our hotel for our weekend escape. Loved tasting the cheeses, and grabbed a take away cheese platter, which was enjoyed with bubbles and stone and wood pacific ale, great way to start to relax. Very yummy.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The brochure I looked at made me think a visit would be more interesting, It was basically a deli come cafe. Cheese tasting was over the counter only, so I felt obliged to buy cheese or some product.Nice cafe though, very clean

1  Thank brizvagus
Reviewed September 30, 2012

You can taste all of the cheeses which is great because we got to try cheese types that we wouldn't normally buy and we Love Cheese

1  Thank SnakeandLady