“Cheese”
Review of Maleny Cheese

Maleny Cheese
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Maleny
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheese and yoghurt made in the heart of the hinterland from fresh local milk. Offering visitors an opportunity to view the production area from large panoramic windows, relax and enjoy the cafe menu and delicious selection of deli products. Groups (10+) by appointment only. All other visitors invited to bring their eskies and shop for fresh regional dairy goods that are all available for tasting before you buy.Cafe menu features signature cheese platters, a variety of open grill toasties, raclette, fondue (allow 45 minutes or book ahead of arrival) and fried Camembert or Brie, to name just a few. Dessert, good coffee and a good wine list compliment the offering.Farmers Market Stalls: SATURDAYRocklee, Bribie Island, Corbould Park, Kawana, Big Pineapple, YandinaSUNDAYEagleFarm, Chandler, Caboolture, Curimundi, Fisherman 's Road, Noosa
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great taste sensations and they will make picnic pack up for you with bottle of wine.

1  Thank Funfoodfavourites

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very small but great quality and they stock their new Riversands wine which you can mail order, the yoghurt and muesli is worth taking a trip for. Some of their cheeses were very rich but the vintage cheddar is yummy.

1  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed May 15, 2012

No tour, no breakfast till 11am, 3 of the cheese we asked for were not made there and imported and they had no mozzarella. Can get more variety from Coles!

4  Thank Dee B
SaraMaleny, Guest Relations Manager at Maleny Cheese, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We invite you to visit us again and experience our new breakfast menu and other new products. Starting mid-March 2013 - just in time for our 9 year anniversary!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The first time my wife and I landed in this place a few years ago we were met with some pretty rude staff. We brushed it off, seeing as everyone appeared flustered from the sudden onslaught of tourists that arrived on the Greyhound bus outside some minutes earlier. We on that occasion purchased a couple of their triple cream brie 'seconds', that apparently didn't make the grade, but were simply wonderful. About a year later we returned in the hope to purchase some more of this 'seconds' brie, only to be met with the manager, who very abruptly told my wife and I (in front of other customers) that we never bought anything of the sort there, and that we didn't know what we were talking about, and went on to serve others. Feeling a little embarrassed, and disappointed that the beginning of our holiday was now started on a sour note, I waited patiently (my wife had gone back to the car some time ago disappointed at being spoken to like an idiot) and grabbed some Buffalo milk dip and their 'regular' triple cream brie. Well the regular Brie just could not hold a flame to the 'seconds' recipe that never existed, and the Buffalo milk dip helped make up for the rudeness of earlier, it was very nice. Mothers day 2012 was the final straw. On trying to make it before closing time, my wife called ahead to make sure if they were opened, as she wanted some Buffalo milk dip for her birthday which is the same day. Even called again 10 mins before closing. Arrived with 5 minutes before close, thankful for being open my wife and Mother-in-Law went to buy up to make it worth their while and have as quick a transaction as possible, so they themselves could go home. But, the Rude Monster reared its ugly head AGAIN!!!! Eye rolling, hissing, being told "we're closed you know". Explaining she rang ahead, my wife was told to "hurry up" and "Cant get any coffees the kitchens closed". Ok, didn't ask for coffee!!??!! The carry on was like that of a spoilt teenagers who's just had their iPads confiscated, phone privileges revoked. With credit card back snuggly in wallet, my Wife and her Mum quietly made for the door. That is it. No more. Food at its best is not only fuel, it is an all round holistic sensory experience and I don't care even if you're a Michelin Star restaurant, if you serve you the best food with a side order of rude, my palate is going to suffer. Well as it turns out, Maleny Cheese, is not Michelin Star quality and will not see another cent from me, my wife or any of our friends as we are all boycotting you. Here's a tip, if you're going to put your heart and soul into making a product, continue that love into the sale process, don't have some pretentious git be the spokesperson for all your hard work, family or not.

16  Thank Steve P
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Cheese platter for one (and plenty for two) was great value and it was lovely to sit out on the deck and slowly taste some of Maleny Cheese's offerings. Delicious

1  Thank JNutchey