“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maudy's

Maudy's
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Maleny
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Beautiful Maleny Green Hills overlooking the Valley and Ranges of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Queensland. SamThe Chef has created a great menu and ron will greet you with country hospitality WEDNESDAY TO FRIDAY Lunch 10 am To 2.30pm Dinner 5 pm To 8.45 pm SATURDAY Breakfast 8 am To 10.45 am Lunch 10 am To 2.30pm Dinner 5 pm To 8.45 pm SUNDAY Breakfast 8 am To 10.45 am Lunch 10 am To 2.30pmDinner 5 pm To 8.45pm MONDAY Closed Tuesday Closed
Wurtulla
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had the Gourmet Steak burger from Maudy's. The Chef was friendly and accomdating and the staff were lovely.

3 Thank Jess S

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food by people who care about the little things”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were on an overnight stay in Maleny at the excellent B@B Artisan Spa Views, who recommended Maudy's which was across the road. We were expecting anything out of the usual casual dining experience, you know, average steaks, pre-purchased bulk order pastas, steamed vegetables and chips, with garlic bread for starters.
BUT, what we got was lovingly prepared and cooked food, with an amazing entree and wickedly rich dessert. My wife and I ordered the "A walk of the wild side" platter for two. Locally sourced native Australian ingredients, it was incredible. Cured kangaroo that by itself was terrific, strong meat flavour and delicately smoked, but eaten as recommended with the quince paste was sublime. The platter also had desert limes, sandpiper figs and unfortunately I can't remember the third fruit, home made dukkah of macadamia nuts and cashews, with a smooth and smoky macadamia oil for dipping the bread. The combinations of the meat and quince and fruit or the bread, dukkah and fruit were both unusual and terrific. Different to the 'usual' antipasto fare you normally get served. Complimenting the food were Quandong and wattle liqueurs, I wasn't fussed on(but the wife liked a lot) the wattle but the Quandong was a warm, sweet liqueur that I could easily gone more.
I had the pan fried snapper with beans that seemed to have been done in garlic and butter with sweet potato chips in a light tempura batter(the sweet potato option was great as I'm diabetic) was light, simple and delicious. The fish was from one of the local fisherman and sourced directly by the chef. My wife had a hearty(and sizable) Beef Wellington, that had a delightful medium rare cut of meat, delicious mushrooms and a tasty filo pastry wrap.
Dessert was a swirled, thick mousse of dark and white chocolate with vanilla bean icecream. It was very rich, I found the whipped cream(canned) on top unnecessary, but as a mousse fan I can say one of the vest I've ever had. My wife had a delicious Irish Nutty coffee with baileys, frangelico and espresso.
Add to this the service was friendly and quick, with both the owner of the restaurant coming over at times to not only serve by walk you through the entree and explain all about their local sourcing. Plus the Chef came out to each table at different times to ensure things were going well and he was happy to talk about the food.
We're definitely going back next time we're up Maleny way.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Steve H
Queensland, Australia
“Cosy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Although we only stopped in for a drink, the menu liked nice. We did not get a chance to eat there on this time round though.

4 Thank Susan H
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Dinner @ Maudy's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Maudy's offers a fantastic selection of foods, wines and amazing deserts!
I proposed to my Fiance' that day and the vibe in that resteraunt that night was amazing!
The King pork cutlets made me shed a tear with sheer delight. Perfect place for romance, great food and fabulous service!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank 19Luke
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Food, Friendly Staff, Lovely Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have a great meal at Maudy's. The Bruschetta was the best I have tasted. We left very full and couldn't fit in dessert so we will have to go back soon

4 Thank linda p