“Delightful”

Ranked #1 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Maleny
Queensland
“Delightful”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had this retreat down on my 'bucket list' and it didn't disappoint. From the beautiful surroundings to the superb villas and devine food. Certainly a real treat. I brought friends with us and we had a 2 bedroom villa. It was very private and well equped to enjoy on our own and take advantage of the facilities on site. Don't get me started on the spa ... Magnificent! Don't hesitate, book in and enjoy!

1 Thank Imation
David A, General Manager at Spicers Tamarind Retreat, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Imation,

The 2 bedroom villas that can also be used as a one bedroom have become very popular. The spaciousness in the lounge room, bedrooms and deck area really lend themselves to a comfortable 3 to 7 night stay. Being able to accommodate children or 2 couples for special occasions as you did make them affordable, fun and private.
I am pleased you were able to experience Spa Anise Day spa...it truly is a masterpiece not only by design and comfort but also due to the experienced and caring team.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you again.

David Assef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is beautiful.. It is what you make of it and I think it's best enjoyed in the cooler months with a bit of rain, which is what we had, and it was magic!!
The cedar Spa- absolutely blissful! Take champagne or fave drop, toast some marshmallows on the fire, walk to the falls (2mins)..
The Tamarind Restaurant- Degustation Menu was one of the best meals we'd ever had! They let us change the dessert to Creme Brûlée which was Devine! Service was great, meals were served in really good time, dim lighting created the perfect ambience, a really comfortable place..
We're now looking forward to a visit to The Long Apron..
Lunch at the Cheese Factory and local fudge and wineries to top it off! Perfection!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tarns29
Dear Rewabred,

The cedar hot tubs are definitely one of the attractions here at Spicers Tamarind Retreat & Spa.
You have captured the essence of what we are all about where you have indulged in your in the restaurant, villa and the beautiful grounds that we blessed to be surrounded by.
Enjoy your time at The Long Apron and the iconic Maleny Cheese factory you wont be disappointed.

QLD
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently visited the Tamarind Spa retreat. The setting was lovely and peaceful and the presentation of the Spa was clean, eco and modern.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. I had the Signature treatment which was great. I felt very relaxed at the end of my treatment.

They offered me a welcome drink, a choice of music for my treatment and a refreshment drink afterwards.

I felt the only area I could see room for improvement was a shelf in the bathroom to put my handbag on so they are not on the floor and a hair dryer. Other than that, I was impressed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
David A, General Manager at Spicers Tamarind Retreat, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear QLDKEL,

The signature spa treatment certainly is a relaxing and indulgent way of unwinding and giving yourself the revitalisation and pick-up we all need from time to time.
I am so please to hear you enjoyed the total experience.

Thank you for your comments regarding the shelf in the changerooms above the sink. Based on your feedback we will be installing a shelf in both changerooms over the coming months to assist those without lockers...great recommendation!

Kel we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

General Mananger
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in January 2013 as an early anniversary getaway. We drove from Brisbane on a Friday afternoon for a 2 night stay. We were greeted by the manager David, who was very helpful, explained all the features of the resort and answered any questions we had. We felt very welcome from the time we arrived!

The resort is a lovely, peaceful quiet resort up in the Sunshine coast Hinterlands. We had both never been to Maleny before, but loved our stay. We were in Villa 1 which was a private cabin but not too secluded. The Cabin was beautiful, big spacious bed, a lovely bedroom, large bathroom with double showers, cosy living room with fireplace (although it was summer so it didn't get any use), small sink and fridge and a nice outdoor shaded deck with a private hot tub! The hot tub water temperature was always warm, and could be used anytime of the day/night in comfort.

We ate at the Spicers Tamarind Restaurant for dinner one evening and enjoyed the food there. It is a Thai inspired menu with lots of use of Tamarind :) It was great, a very nice restaurant.

We also went to the spa and had a massage. The service there was impeccable. We were warmly greeted by the staff there (Karen x2 I believe) and enjoyed a very relaxing massage. I'd definitely recommend it if you are after relaxation. The outdoor pool area was lovely, and we enjoyed a nice afternoon swim and spa too in the lovely summer weather. The pool was not busy at all.

The Gardners Falls are just a short walk behind the resort. There is no path. Given it was summer, the falls were packed with people from the area cooling off! It was quite pretty. We also enjoyed driving into Maleny town and also the nearby Montville with it's quaint little stores/cafes.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at Spicers Tamarind Retreat, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing or romantic getaway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ihearteurope10
Dear I Love Europe 10,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary here at The Tamarind.
The property has many experiences for guests to do as much or as little as they want and it sounds as though you made the most of everything that the property has to offer as well as the surrounding area.
We love receiving all feedback so I thank you for your response and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next anniversary or sooner ;).

Noosa, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Close to the sunshine coast, excellent setting in subtropical rain forest with tasteful and comfortable cabins,with quality inclusions. Impeccably clean with crisp linen and fluffy towels and polished timber flooring and hot tub on the private deck, perfect for sipping champagne on a cool day.The jewel in the crown is the restaurant which provides an array of a Thai cuisine with subtle variations.Setting is pleasant with water features.
Service is spot on with attentive staff who will look after your needs.Highly recommended.Not a cheap weekend but great value.

Room Tip: Those with a hot tub great in cooler months
1 Thank Ian C
Thank you for your response...it always pleases me to hear you enjoyed the entire experience here at The Tamarind Retreat & Spa.
Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you again.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This stay was everything one might hope for: quality accommodation, delightful taste experiences, and something a little different in the cedar outdoor hot tub.

The rooms are delightful - luxury safari cabins, if you like, with outrageously indulgent carpets in surrounding the kind sized bed, and lovely finishings.

The Tamarind restaurant surprises with some great twists and new takes on dishes.

A perfect stay, and a lovely swimming hole at the end of the garden area - although the river can get busy at weekends...which I guess attests to it's beauty and fun!

1 Thank Darren C
SpicersGroup, General Manager at Spicers Tamarind Retreat, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Darren,

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you had a chance to experience Garners Falls which is flowing beautifully as I write this following all the rain and will now remain strong for the next 7 months.
We pride ourselves on comfort in room and are very much food driven properties...some may even say we are 'restaurants with rooms'!

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Buderim, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well, we made the slight mistake of booking our night away just at the end of the big Queensland storms. After a morning of waiting and a missed call on my part, and with the weather tentatively clearing, we made our way out to the retreat, only to find out that the restaurant couldn't open that night and there were issues with the hot tub. We took up the offer of an early check in the next day and I'm so glad we did. Despite the weather, and what i imagine must have been enormous stress on the management and the restaurant staff, they place was clean and tidy and we felt very welcome. The property is beautiful, reminding my boyfriend of the english hills. The rain made it even more special. We had a private cedar spa on our deck which was perfect for relaxing with some sparkling while waiting for dinner. The meal at the onsite restaurant was fantastic, tasty and spicy and rich and interesting, again despite the challenges the kitchen crew must have faced having to start all the prep again (they had had several days of power outages). I think climbing into the luxurious king bed and the end of the night was the loveliest treat of all.
I would highly recommend this private and classy retreat, well worth the cost. I look forward to returning in the winter to try out the the wood burning fireplace.

Room Tip: We asked for the villa with a private spa, and could not really be overlooked where we were
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review of The Tamarind.

Yes it certainly was a hectic time returning the property back to it's original state (nearly) after the lashings of Cyclone Oswald.
I greatly appreciate your understanding of giving us another day to get things right to ensure your stay was everything it could be and I am pleased to hear that it was.

I look forward to welcoming you back in winter for a whole new experience where you can light up the wood fire and cosy up for a comfortable evening and stay.

David Assef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleny
Narrows Escape Rainforest Retreat
Maleny Tropical Retreat
Secrets on the Lake
Secrets on the Lake
#1 of 9 in Montville

Been to Spicers Tamarind Retreat? Share your experiences!