“Oh dear....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maleny
Tranquil Park Mountain Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Maleny
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Tranquil lodge should probably be renamed "musty smelling, hear your neighbours breathing and talking lodge". Room was very musty smelling and damp. Badly set out and maintained room. Lucky the Rest of our weekend was great, but would not recommend this place...sorry.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Travelleraus123
There are newer reviews for Tranquil Park Mountain Resort

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is the worst place I have ever stayed. Overpriced, dated decor, overpriced breakfast, dirty towels and an unpleasant, unusual smell in the room - I'm not sure what the smell was? Do not stay here! Drive on.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JaydubyaAU
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked this hotel because other plans fell through and didn't know anything much about it besides that the views were meant to be good. Since the price is fairly high for a room, we expected the standard to be at least ok. It was not. Probably one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had! Upon arrival we waited for ages before someone finally arrived in reception, and when we got to our room the door was wide open. I don't know if they are bad at cleaning or someone had used our room because of the open door, but the toilet was disgusting and made me feel sick. We did not complain, but only because I had a migraine and could not muster the energy to leave the room again.
The bed actually smelt so bad my partner could not sleep, which means it was pretty bad!
The food in the restaurant was not good, I can not understand the postive feedback on that.

I will definately never stay at this place again, and will recommed others to stay away too. The views are good, but I'd rather go to a scenic lookout and then spend my night in a less smelly place than this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kazza08
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here before very briefly and found it adequate for our short stay so when looking for accommodation for New Years Eve in Maleny, we looked here first.
Robert found an incredibly cheap package deal for NYE and I must say, I wasn't expecting much. Our NYE package included the room, a 2 course buffet dinner, 2 hour drinks package and buffet breakfast the next day.
We checked in to our room with the lovely receptionist, drove down to our room to a wonderfully spacious room with brand new mattresses. Oh! Heaven! Not to mention the best view in Maleny. We both haha a nap immediately! In preparation for the NYE party.
We arrived at the restaurant for dinner and this is truly what my whole story is about............Joyce.
Now let me say I've worked in Hospitality for many years so I have high expectations and a very good knowledge of the industry.
This was by far, the best buffet I and my partner Robert, have ever had. Fresh, crispy, dreamy barramundi. Home made (real home made! !!) curried prawns...amazing. Ham, roast pork, roast beef so tantalizing we missed the big count down as we eventually drifted off in our very satisfied food comas...home made, individual fruit pudding, fresh cream and chocolate cake....and so much more. If Joyce went on Masterchef....she would embarrass them all.
The "more" is the service, which seems to be non existent these days. You know, when people ask how you are and mean it. When they look at you like a guest, not another dollar. When your too early for the buffet breakfast, so Joyce casually whips up your favourite breakky.
This place isn't the Hilton or Sofitel or any other pretentious, overpriced hotel...its nestled amongst some of the most beautiful mountains in this country, with some good ol fashioned values....and Joyce. And worth more pennies than what you pay.
Wherever you go, change your expectations to match the limitations of the environment and the staff. So if you ask me, Tranquil Park Resort, your doing a bang up job! Keep it up.
Katie & Rob. x

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Smiffchips
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After reading previous reviews we approached with a little trepidation. I think the problem is mainly with people's expectations. Everyone raves about the views. They are spot on. It is a spectacular spot. The view to the south over the Glasshouse mountains from our little veranda was amazing and constantly changing. We stayed at amazing Ella in Sri Lanka a couple of years ago. The view out to the plains through the Ella gap is deservedly world-reknowned. This is better. Sure, the decor at Tranquil park is a little dated but we found our room pleasant, well-maintained and as clean as a whistle. Towels were changed and the room given a nice tidy while we were out and about. Most importantly, the bed was comfy. Sure, it's sometimes hard to find staff, but when they eventually appeared they could not have been more helpful or friendly. Seriously, what do people expect for about $70-100 less per night than every other B&B in the area. Finally, the cooked breakfast was yummy and only $6 extra. My only real complaint was a minor one and it's just about the fact that the rooms are a little noisy because of the fact that they are all connected in one building which is up on high poles and so the any noise echoes a bit. We felt obliged to be fairly quiet arriving home late. That said, I'd stay there again in a flash.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

So, after reading some of the reviews on this site and on others I was very concerned at how the trip was going to go. I went for a friends wedding and stayed three nights. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting but I think for the time we were there and the reason it was good. THE VIEWS ARE AMAZING! We stayed in a three bedroom place, but as we were there for a wedding we were able to see multiple rooms, there are many different types. I would advise that when you book if you want something specific (like a stove or a dvd player) you make sure your room has one as the facilities are different room to room. All the rooms were very basic but they were clean and tidy (except for a few insects, bring bug spray). On the first night we had an issue with the hot water but the maintenance man was very nice about it, it did mean that we ended up staying in a different room than the one we booked for that night but he came early the next morning and fixed it, leaving it clean and so really no drama. We only ate the food at the wedding and even though it was just buffet style it was very nice. The town is quaint (I wouldn't recommend the pizza place) and only a few minutes away and there is plenty of things to do close by. I think if you were just going on holiday it may not be ideal but for a wedding or conference for a few nights it is perfect and like I said before the VIEWS ARE AMAZING, they really are :)

Room Tip: Don't book a room without a view, it just isn't worth it :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My now husband and I had our wedding at the venue. It took us over a week to get in touch with the coordinator assisting us with our big day and we weren't told till two days before the wedding that we wouldn't have access till late in the afternoon before the wedding day. We spent 12 months with the manager planning our special day! The day after the wedding we were told by family that our porcelain cake toppers on our wedding cake were dropped and smashed. $120 cake toppers that we were wanting to keep to put on a mantle piece in our new home. I will not be recommending this place for a wedding to anyone as its not worth the stress. Thank goodness the food was okay a least that kept our guests happy.

Room Tip: Rooms up on the top floor are better. Don't chose a lower floor room if you have a bad back or n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ash R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleny
Clouds of Montville
#1 of 3 in Montville
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
#1 of 1 in Golden Beach

Been to Tranquil Park Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!