“Just gets better and better”
Review of Reserve Restaurant Cellar - CLOSED

Reserve Restaurant Cellar
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Reserve Restaurant Cellar is the premier fine dining experience on the Sunshine Coast. Situated only 7 km from Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Reserve is housed in a landmark colonial Queenslander with sweeping views of the Coast and Hinterland. Reserve offers a warm and intimate dining experience with polished timber floors, high backed leather chairs, crisp linen and crystal glassware. Like the spectacular views, its reputation since opening in 2007, now stretches far beyond Maleny. Testimonies to the combined talents of Chef Kieran Reekie and Sommelier Steve Heffernan include: • one star in the Courier Mail Food and Dining Guide in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011• a listing in the prestigious Gourmet Traveller Australian Restaurant Guide Top 400 Restaurants in 2009, 2010 and 2011,. • one goblet in the Gourmet Traveller Wine Wine List of the Year Awards in 2008, 2009, 2010• Restaurant and Caterers Association – Best Contemporary Restaurant, 2009; Best Fine Dining Restaurant, 2010.Chef Kieran combines modern cooking with traditional methods and is passionate about taste and keeping flavours simple, so as not to confuse the palate. With an eye for detail and a love of beautiful ingredients, the resulting dishes are always superb. The menu is available online and rings in seasonal changes. Firm favourites include an entrée of Twice Baked Moreton Bay Bug and White Truffle Oil Soufflé with Vinegar Spinach and Salmon Caviar while mains include Slow Braised Shoulder of Junee Lamb with Roasted Pumpkin, Onion Relish and Seeded Mustard Crust and desserts on offer include a divine Vanilla Pannacotta with Cinnamon Beignets, Caramel Sauce. A degustation menu complete with wines for each tasting is a popular choice.Reserve Restaurant Cellar is not only innovative in the kitchen, but in the wine cellar as well. The cellar is an ever growing, and at times all consuming, foundation for Reserve. Currently holding 450 varieties, each wine is carefully chosen to create a list that appeals to all tastes and budgets and is supported by Steve, a professional sommelier who adores “talking wine” and assisting with wine selection. Reserve features two levels of dining: the ground floor, which seats a maximum of 50 people, and the Cellar, which seats up to 25 people, for a more intimate unique dining experience. Both spaces at Reserve are available for functions and events, with optional menu and beverage packages. Locals and visitors alike are able to enjoy personalised, professional service that begins from the moment they are greeted at the door. Reserve’s commitment to delivering the perfect dining experience extends to offering a drop off service to Range customers in their luxury car.
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is the second time we have ventured to Reserve and eaten their 4 course Degustation lunch menu. This time we took some friends and they were wowed as much as us. Best value and food I've ever come across! Can't wait to come back again, and again, and again......

1  Thank MsRAMHY
There are newer reviews for Reserve Restaurant Cellar

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Quaint restaurant with lovely country views. Cosy inside plus wood fire.
The chef at this restaurant seriously knows how to prepare food & deliver!
My partner & I tried the "surprise" degustation lunch & it was so much fun.
Lots of love and attention put into this gastronomic treat!
Informative pleasant staff. Limited wine selection but adequate.
At last ....a real dining out experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

On the escarpment on the road to Maleny , ( we went via Landsborough) We were there last Friday night and were greeted by friendly waitress who ushered us to our table. Lovely food, cooked to perfection. An inventive menu with French flavours also an extensive wine list. I had the Braised Shoulder of Lamb and my husband had the Assiette of Berkshire Pork followed by deserts of Creme Brulee and Flourless Chocolate Pudding, delicious.
We saw the review in the Sunshine Coast Daily and decided to explore the hinterland menu.
Will return for lunch in future to take in the views. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Bon appetit

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I don't usually go to restaurants this expensive but it was a special family occasion. I thought the meals were very tasty and well prepared but I have a problem with having to order vegetables separately for AUD$8 or more per side. In the end it ended up costing my husband and I AUD$200 for entree, lunch and dessert. I think the atmosphere of the restaurant was lovely and warm and the views were fantastic, the staff were also very attentive.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I had been on a diet for 8 weeks and decided we would treat ourselves at the end of it. We were staying up the coast for a few nights so a search on Trip Advisor brought Reserve to my attention. We decided on the 4 Course Degustation menu for $50 and haven't stopped raving about it since. The most amazing food ever. We will be back no doubt.

4  Thank MsRAMHY