All reviews farm animals the managers camp kitchen right next door atherton tablelands tree kangaroo reasonable rates amenities block toilet block beds were comfortable an easy stroll petting zoo economical place to stay timber building great holiday love this place animal feeding
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Stayed for a week & had a great time with family. It was very relaxing. My grandchildren love the small animal farm they have. Feeding time is a memorable experience for them. The managers are very friendly & hospitable. Would highly recommend visiting this park. We'll definitely be going back. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Jay K
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this park on many visits over the past 18 years. The last visit in 2013 .....my late husbands final visit to his birthplace of Malanda. Love this place...sometime I will return. Love the park...clean comfortable accommodation in close proximity to everything. Helpful managers. Thoroughly recommend for a great holiday.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seafoodplatter
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We stayed here last week. We enjoyed this park with it small farm and Mr Turkey and Girls visited us every day The park is set on the edge of the Rainforest and steps lead down to Malanda Falls. Great spot for day trips to all the Falls in the area. Malanda Township is only a short walk and we had lunch at a amazing timber Hotel built in 1911. We were told that it is the largest timber Hotel in Australia. The park is old but the Managers keep it very neat and tidy.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helenblank
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We stayed here on a birding (bird watching) vacation in the Atherton Tablelands. We wanted an economical place to stay where we could cook our meals, so we stayed in “Forest Lodge”. I found this place because I planned to go to nearby Bromfield Swamp at dusk to watch the cranes come in, and I didn’t want to have to drive far after dark. I stumbled upon a gem.

“Forest Lodge” is brand new and is 4 independent bedrooms in the same building, side by side, each with their own entrance and table and chairs. The beds were comfortable. A toilet block is adjacent. It’s showing signs of wear. The one closer to the cookshed is nicer.

I think that the standard practice for caravan parks in Australia is that you bring your own cookware, dishes, utensils, etc. We didn’t come prepared, but the grocery store in town (Spar) sells whatever you might need. (We had brought flatware, knives, vegetable peeler, and we bought a small pot, a cutting board that doubled as a plate, and two mugs.) The “camp kitchen” had a full-sized refrigerator, a large sink, a 4-burner cooktop (1 burner wasn’t functional), a microwave, an electric kettle, and a large picnic table. (It might also have a toaster, but I don’t remember.) If the campground is full, I imagine that there could be some waits. We had to wait once to wash our dishes. At our early breakfasts, we were visited each day by Spotted Catbirds, Yellow-throated Scrubwrens, and Laughing Kookaburras, which was delightful.

Malanda Falls Conservation Park, which is adjacent, has two lovely trails. We saw some nice birds, trees, turtles, and pademelons.

Would I stay here again? You bet.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank K W
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I initially booked in for 1 night, we were there about 10 minutes and decided to stay an extra night. The surroundings are just lovely, nice and peaceful. Absolutely love the animals they have, spent quite a bit of time giving them pats. I highly recommend this park, just lovely.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple