“TLC required.”
Review of The Jumbuck Motel

The Jumbuck Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Longreach
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Reception staff were great. Very friendly. We didn't expect much from the room and weren't disappointed.
Walking distance from the Qantas museum and Stockmans hall of fame. Main street of the town is a bit of a walk.
Could hear the people in the next room snoring. If all you need is a place to sleep then this is for you.
If I'm ever in Longreach again I would stay here but hopefully they've spent a few bob on the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank GazDoonUnner

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Friendly greeting at reception then it went downhill faster than a brakeless roadtrain ... Expensive, dated, not particularly clean, uncomfortable bed and i could hear the people next door snoring as if they were under my bed ... Dont book it there must be better in Logreach ...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Roamer1966
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We booked a room at this motel by phone. Shortly afterwards we arrived and drove up to reception.
The swimming pool which is next to the office was a sick green colour and obviously could not be used and the property looked very sad from the outside. Longreach temperatures are normally in the mid to high 30s and a pool is essential for most travellers. We decided to cancel our reservation (luckily we never give out credit card numbers) and informed the hosts.
Next time we're in Longreach we will stay here and hopefully they will be on top of the management issues by then.

Room Tip: Ask if the pool is useable.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GlobetrotterJSH
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Had been advised the Jumbuck had improved since I last stayed. Rooms are slightly cleaner but are extremely dated. Also thought was fairly expensive considering quality of rooms.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Tannaby
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I too have read the negative comments on this page prior to staying at the Jumbuck from the 10th to 14th June 2010. To my relief, the new manager's Brad and Di were welcoming and pleasant. Their staff were also pleasant and helpful. As a team the staff were willing to make a positive different from the previous managers. The meals from the restaurant were a good size, tasted great and very good value for the price.

Although the Jumbuck is starting to show it's age, it was clean and comfortable. My room was made up every day and clean linen deposited in the Bathroom. I didn't find anything out of order or in need of repair. If i was to complain, I would have to label myself very picky and my complaints would be unjustified.

I do alot of travelling with my work and will always value the atmosphere of an establishment before I'll take a look at the cosmetic faults and ageing of the building.

So next time you're in Longreach don't 'write-off' the Jumbuck because the pleasant and welcoming atmosphere is worth the room rate alone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Thommo520kci
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I stayed at The Jumbuck two years ago and was not impressed by the grumpy manager but has it now changed under New management. Brad and Di are great Hosts and gave good old fashioned country service. The meals were first class and the room was very clean and the bed was great to sleep in. The Jumbuck is walking distance to the Qantas Museum and The Stockmans Hall of Fame. Di ran me down town to shop as well. The Jumbuck Motel is great value for money

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank jb56_201
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We have just come back from a trip to Longreach and stayed at the Jumbuck Motel. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and while the rooms are not in the same class as Versace they were large, clean and comfortable. Five of us were able to sit comfortably at the breakfast bar each morning. We had breakfast each day and ate at the restaurant a couple of nights and the food was always really good. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Wombat15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longreach
Albert Park Motor Inn
Kinnon & Co Outback Accommodation
Wellshot Hotel
Wellshot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ilfracombe

Been to The Jumbuck Motel? Share your experiences!