“Will be back!”

Ranked #21 of 30 Restaurants in Longreach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dining: If you're craving a hearty country meal or traditional THAI meal, pop into our Woolshed restaurant for dinner. We take great pride in serving the freshest, highest quality meals possible. We also have a range of chef's specials every day - so make sure you check these out before you make the final decision. Eat in air-conditioned comfort, either inside the restaurant or outside enjoying our alfresco dining- while you watch the sun set. Play a game of pool against a mate while the Chef prepares your meal. You can also get a great range of hot, cold and alcoholic beverages from the cocktail bar. Functions: The Woolshed restaurant is the ideal location for that special occasion: Birthdays Anniversaries Corporate Lunches Christmas Parties Dinner: 6 Days a week (Closed Mondays) Fully Licensed (No BYO) Bar Opens 17:00 for Happy Hour.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

During my time here I had the pad Thai chicken and the sesame pizza for entree, both were amazing! The pad Thai was not over powering like most places do it. The sesame pizza was big enough to be a main and was like nothing I've had before. Will be back!

1  Thank emma s
LongreachManager, Manager at The Woolshed Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your awesome review!
Our team here at LTP love good feedback on peoples experience :)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just a short walk from Kinnon & Co outback lodges the paste they use on the pizza bases is to die for and the Thai is superb. I had the Supreme (wasn't "game" to try the road kill but they have got plenty to choose from out here...). Top venue, great service, reckons he does a bread and butter pud but forgot today so we had the cheese and mud cakes instead. We like to spread our expenditure around towns we stay in and over the five nights dinners this one rates highly for the cuisine on offer...would just kill to know the recipe of the pizza paste. Is a must do...

1  Thank Darryl N

We are so happy you enjoyed your dining experience and thanks for taking the time to review us :)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were very suprised when we checked in to the park and where told that there was a restaurant on site that had a Thai menu. So we booked in for tea and when we arrived at the Woolshed we loved the friendly service and the food was Devine. I had the Pad Thai which was so yummy, and my husband had the rib fillett which was cooked to perfection. It was a lovely evening and I would recommend the meals to anyone. 5 Star!!!

1  Thank Mini201

From all the team here at LTP we thank you for taking the time to write a great review :)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I realised the review I wrote for the Longreach Tourist Park Restaurant, is in reality The Woolshed
We fancied pizza and both ours were very good, some would say how could you make a bad pizza, well I have had some doozies in my time, this was good, tasty, crust nicely on the thin side, none of that stodgy pastry. plenty of topping, and asked for hot chilli sauce on the side and it was just right, the Thai looked good as did the more traditional offerings, our pizzas were full large dinner plate size for $16, reasonable out here and the bar prices too, which was a pleasant surprise.
The place was crowded so we had a bit of a wait, but not unreasonable. The staff were helpful and cheerful, some music would have been nice, we were on the wrong nights
I had the roadkill pizza (meatlovers) and if you like plenty of meat then it is a good choice, the supreme was just right!

1  Thank BlodandPJ

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review, we value every ones feedback :)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The night we stayed it was very busy so we did wait a little for our meal, but not uncomfortably long. We fancied pizza and unsure of the size ordered 1 each, we are smaller than average eaters and should have ordered 1 between us, but they were happy to supply a takaway container for the full one left over! yum Pizza for breakfast!
We ordered the Supreme, all the usual and just right and the Roadkill (meatlovers) for a laugh, it was also very good, I asked for some hot chilli sauce on the side and what came was just lovely, really hot and tasty.
The Thai also looked deliciuos from what we saw and the meals were on the big side
I do prefer smaller meals and am hoping half the size with half the price will catch on in Australia, I notice some places on the Coast offering close to this- not half the price, unfortunately when I try to order a childs serve I am often declined.

1  Thank BlodandPJ