“Classy Country Restaurant”

Oasis Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Longreach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: "Oasis" Restaurant opened Monday through to Saturday 6pm-8pm. Bookings essential Contact the Albert Park reception for more info
Brisbane, Australia
“Classy Country Restaurant”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Oasis Restaurant is tastefully decorated to reflect the outback location. Tall ceilings makes it feel very spacious. Large windows look out to the motels garden and pool area. A small, simple menu has enough variety. Servings are generous. Broccolini was not available but the waitress informed me of this shortly after I placed my order. Broccoli was substituted. The service was very good. The only disappointing aspect was there wasn't anything gluten free available other than ice cream or sorbet. A great location for a special celebration the trouble is it shuts for a couple of the hot months. We were not staying at the motel that this was attached to. We discovered it whilst out walking.

• Visited September 2013
AlbertPark1, Manager at Oasis Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your review. Lovely to hear you enjoyed your meals in the Oasis restaurant.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Jane & Tony and the Albert Park team

Australia
“Good service, enjoyable meal and pleasant surrounds!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at the Motel a couple of nights and ate at the restaurant as too hot to go elsewhere.
It is very pleasant, the themed decore was on track I felt and not too over the top.
Views to the pool gave a tropical feel and made for a cool and relaxing experience in such a dry outback town.
Staff attentive and friendly. I don't like sitting out in the middle of a room and they happily moved us to a cosier spot. Water on the table without asking is a bonus these days! Thanks
Menu varied and tasty, as usual for anywhere out here $$$$ with few cheaper options for wines.
My husband had the pork which he said was perfect. Last night there he had the beef also very good, and I had the "entree" Squid, it was delicious, but half the price and half the size would have been just right. I only eat small meals and half of mine was wasted. I would love to see meals labelled, portioned and priced as such. Have noticed some places on the Coast doing this, hope it catches on, many older people prefer small meals.
Also what has happened to just small bread rolls being served? nowadays we have to buy large chunks at silly prices, I just want small serve with a little butter, but this is a gripe for many places so I do add it to many reviews.
Overall it was a good experience and next time we will consider sharing a meal if this is allowed.

• Visited September 2013
Lowood Australia
“A most enjoyable meal”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A very relaxed atmosphere with good food & good service.
We probably would not have been aware of this restaurant had it not been for a friend of ours who lives in Longreach.
Recommended

Visited June 2013
Longreach, Queensland, Australia
“family friendly.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Myself my husband and my kids had a lovely meal. im always slightly nervous when i take them to restaurants but they were treated like kids, given books to occupie them, tomatoe sauce with there dinner and even ice cream to help encourage them to finish there meal.
our meal was lovely and the service was brilliant.
we were given some delightful small chat by our waitress.. she attented to our every need.

will be back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank alice331
frankfurt
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Parmigiano - Yes Please!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was met at the door by a polite irishman?

Everything was beyond the standard you expect, not that I was sure what to expect!

Was here 5-6 years ago and I like the new decor, and new menu. - Good that it still included the things you may want, but also good that it lets you try new things!

Felt a bit homesick so we ordered the chicken parmiagiano and what a snchitznel! I finished it and could have ordered it again to take away! :)

Great staff - great atmosphere although a bit quiet when we visited...

Maybe needs a few standard desserts as well as the special's that were offered to me.

Loved the little touches like the water without asking etc!

Phil