“Fantastic”

Kuranda Rainforest View Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 48 Restaurants in Kuranda
Cuisines: Bar, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We just loved this establishment. Warmly greeted and made to feel very welcome after a hot journey. An extra chair was added so we could take advantage of a cool breeze from the forest. The arrival of our meals was very quick and they (3) were all delicious. (Cheese buger for the children and Greek Salad for me) Coffee was great as was the white wine. The restaurant filled up very quickly by 12.30pm and having had my own I was impressed with the way in which the staff teamed up and worked very efficiently. There was a great buzz in the atmosphere (not the forest, although the birds were also busy!) To eat out is expensive and you have to be prepared for that, Lunching here was truly enjoyable and will go back.

Adelaide, Australia
“Pretty average food, would give it a miss.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

As others have said, wish I'd seen reviews first of this place as we would have skipped it. However, it was a hot day and we were thirsty and starving and it does look rather appealling from the front.
The large deck area at the back was quite a nice spot to sit, although the 'rainforest view' was a bit disappointing. I ordered a tuna sandwich with salad, which cost around $10 and was very average. Just the boring kind of sandwich you'd put in your kid's lunchbox. No dressing or any sides. I guess I was expecting something more for a $10 sandwich. My partner ordered the nachos which were also not great. The plate came out with just the corn chips and rubbery cheese melted onto them, and the salsa, avocado and sour cream were in seperate containers so you had to dip the chips in in. About a quarter of the way through the chips, all the toppings had run out. Mango smoothie was quite warm and not refreshing. Probably the worst meal we ate on our holiday in the Cairns region.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“I wish I had reviewed on TripAdvisor first!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

As the title says I wish I had reviewed before we chose to eat here. The initial seating, order and drinks were great however the food took about 45 mins to arrive and when it did was well below average. Lunch was $60 for 2 mains and 3 drinks and was not money well spent.

Los Angeles
“Soooo relaxing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

After riding the soulful Skyrail, and entering this antique village of Kurranda, we stumbled upon this simple yet lush oasis. We sat outside and took in the calming rain-forest. The waitresses were all smiles, and the Chicken Burger with cheese was the highlight! The soft buns, on the perfectly grilled chicken with melted cheese is making my mouth water as I write this review. Needless to say- a must go, in this precious little village!

Brisbane
“Beautiful resturant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I recently came here with my boyfriend and let me tell you, everything was good! Beautiful view, great food and fast staff! Must go