“True natural beauty”

$72.01*
Kuranda Highlights including Rainforestation Aboriginal Culture and Wildlife
$144.83*
and up
Kuranda Day Trip from Cairns by Scenic Railway and Skyrail Including Army Duck...
Ranked #6 of 34 things to do in Kuranda
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in the midst of World Heritage Rainforest in Kuranda, the award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park with three unique experiences. Board a World War II Army Duck for a tour on both land and water through the rainforest. Watch the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience with traditional dance performances and Dreamtime Walk with boomerang throwing, spear throwing and didgeridoo playing. Visit our iconic Australian animals in the Koala & Wildlife Park, now home to the endangered Tasmanian Devil species. Hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and also have your photo taken cuddling a Koala.
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We took road route to go to the Kuranda hill, not the best choice. But still it was a scenic drive.
The spot offered a limited exposure to wild life. Good small and medium eateries offering excellent view.
The return journey by skyway/rope way was very interesting. Excellent scenic view of rain forests. The trip offers two opportunities to get of the rope way car and explore the forest and thrilling view of water fall and river.
All in all a 'worth it' experience.

1  Thank NKSDLF
There are newer reviews for Rainforestation Nature Park

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We travelled on the 930am train, due to our late flight into Cairns the night before.
Bookings were easy, via the phone before we left home.
Easy to find at Cairns Central Shopping Centre, we recommend having breakfast at Tosca's Trattoria, also located in the centre before baording.
Friendly helpful staff at the station, onboard the train...including the very obliging young driver, who posed for numerous photos with overseas tourists!
The ride up is slow enough to be able to take it all in, but not so slow as to be boring.
The commentary provided in carriage is informative & interesting.
We did consider Gold Class, but are glad we didn't spend the extra $94, as the service & information were outstanding where we were.
The scenery is breathtaking & the train slows to allow photos.
There is 1 stop, at Barron Falls, to allow for photo opportunities & to stretch your legs.
The Kuranda Station itself is a beautiful little oasis, the gardens on the platforms are beautifully tended & well deserving of the awards they have won.
We travelled back by Skyrail, but would prefer the train to return to Cairns if we did it again.
A must see & do while in Cairns!

2  Thank Bubbles-in-Oz
Reviewed August 7, 2012

You get a quick zoo tour where you get to fee the Roos then on to a cultural display where you get to try a boomerang with some instruction get shown how to use a didgeridoo and throw a spear, then on to a cultural dance, then a tour through the rain forest in an army duck with some great commentary. The girls 14 and 17 both thought it was a great way to spend the morning (only took about 3 hours).

2  Thank 404Traveller
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have done this twice and loved it both times. To be this close in a rainforest is very beautiful. We had the lady with the dreadlocks and she was awesome! Great entertainment.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was interested in seeing specific aspects of Australia without having to spend time and money at more than one park. Rainforestation Nature Park (RNP) offers a full Australia experience all in one park. I am the type of traveler that avoids tourist areas heading for an afternoon with the locals or exploring nature.

I wanted to visit Kuranda, but was not interested in taking the train or the skyrail. I caught the local bus from Cairns. The ride was lovely and a fraction of the cost. As I suspected, Kuranda is a tourist area. I was not interested in all the souvenir shops or being shuttled from one high dollar tourist attraction to another.

I was there to learn about the Aborigine culture and meet some of Australia's furry locals. At RNP I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Pamagirri tribe. The tribesmen who presented the boomerang, didgeridoo and spear throwing was IMPRESSIVE. Being able to experience aspects of the Aborigine culture was a trip highlight! The other was feeding the lazy kangaroos. Every visitor to Australia is looking for koalas and kangaroos. RNP offers both and the chance to spend personal time with the kangaroos.

Tjapukai and the Cairns Zoo offer a more expansive experience; however, RNP was perfect for me. If you are pressed for time or don't want to visit multiple parks, then RNP is for you! And you save! My day cost about $50, including the local bus to Kuranda. To see Cairns Zoo, Tjapukai and take the Kuranda rail or train would be about $140-160.That is a $100 savings! I was able to book a tour of the Atherton Tablelands. Instead of looking at waterfalls, I swam in them!

2  Thank CuriousTrvl