“Give this place a miss”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Give this place a miss”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in at Kuranda for a quick look around whilst we were self driving around the tablelands. We thought we would have a quick morning tea and dined in this place.
I am disappointed that manager isn't reading these reviews as the place has potential and would benefit from reading them.
The staff were not overly friendly at all which is disappointing as we have had nothing but lovely service on our holidays from everywhere else. For a major tourist attraction they should be more welcoming.
The tea and coffee were average and the scones were terrible. The taste was awful and dry and had a lingering aftertaste.
Dissapointing and would not recommend to stop in.

Visited March 2014

Brisbane
“Very Poor experience”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Boiled steak that was tough & had a horrible smell, not grilled. Had a small portion & then ate the veges which were ok. Left
3/4 steak behind & $3 for sauce who are you kidding. Husband had the most overcooked kangaroo which was so tough. Only saving grace was as hubby was lactose intolerant they offered to change some items to suit. Food though was so terrible will never go again.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling service. Disappointing food.”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't agree more with the negative comments pre stated. Firstly, I myself have specific diet requirements, nothing too out of the way mind you - just requested they hold the cheese on my said 'gourmet' wood fired focaccia and if it would be possible to replace it with some asparagus as per the other filler option. This was aparantly too hard to do, so okay that's fine. After a mocking smirk and a fumble to slightly alter the order the tending waitress took my mother's order with another unnecessary chuckle with her ask of dressing on the side with her salad. The other waitress went on to chuckle at another customer's question of whether or not breakfast was still running. A simple, relevant question if you ask me.
I'd like to say the complaints end there - but then came the food. My mother's chicken 'gourmet' focaccia was dry, over cooked chicken scraps on bread. When my dish finally arrived (after having the waitress slam down my plate & look at me rudely), I couldn't eat it- it was soaked in oil & totally unpalatable. And my brothers fish & chips from the kids menu was mainly just batter. What a disappointment this place was & a waste of money-complete with bad service. Very poor for a place that relies totally on the tourist dollar.
Don't smirk at us when we order our meals, then top it off with such bad food & service! Never again !

1 Thank Eliza M
Brisbane, Australia
“Family lunch”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Holidaying from Brisbane, we visited Kuranda Village just before lunch time, and we started walking around this nice artistic town looking for a place to lunch. We chose this Cafe. The menu looked good and tempting one to be adventuress and have an Emu Burger, or Crocodile Burger. We were not so, and ended up having Barramundi Burger and a type of Peri Peri Chicken Burger. They tasted nice.The service was ok. The food arrived some 25mins later and hot and all meals came one after the other to our family of five. Our only negative to this is Gourmet Burgers and smallish sides of chips and minuscule amount of salad, possibly more for plate decoration i think was a little pricy for what it was of around $17 to $19 each a plate. Then extra cost for drinks then added to this was a further dent to your purse or wallet!!!

• Visited January 2014
Cambridge, Canada
“Slowest Service Ever”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stopped here for a quick lunch while on a tour. The cafe had a group of about 8 people eating ice cream and another couple finishing up their meal. One person was in front of me in line. We ordered a hot dog, hamburger, tuna wrap and chicken nuggets. Easy right? Nope we waited over 50 minutes for this gourmet treat. I popped into the cafe after 15 minutes to see if I could get the hot dog and chicken nuggets as my kids were going nuts, but they hadn't even started it yet. The only explanation I received for the delay was that the person before me had ordered the pasta. Huh? When we finally received our meal, the manager apologized profusely saying she was "shockingly embarrassed", but not restitution was offered. The meal itself was mediocre (obviously, given everything was processed). Wish I had read the reviews prior to our trip. Skip this location, there are plenty of other places to eat that won't waste your time.

• Visited December 2013