“Family lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Family lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Holidaying from Brisbane, we visited Kuranda Village just before lunch time, and we started walking around this nice artistic town looking for a place to lunch. We chose this Cafe. The menu looked good and tempting one to be adventuress and have an Emu Burger, or Crocodile Burger. We were not so, and ended up having Barramundi Burger and a type of Peri Peri Chicken Burger. They tasted nice.The service was ok. The food arrived some 25mins later and hot and all meals came one after the other to our family of five. Our only negative to this is Gourmet Burgers and smallish sides of chips and minuscule amount of salad, possibly more for plate decoration i think was a little pricy for what it was of around $17 to $19 each a plate. Then extra cost for drinks then added to this was a further dent to your purse or wallet!!!

• Visited January 2014

Cambridge, Canada
“Slowest Service Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stopped here for a quick lunch while on a tour. The cafe had a group of about 8 people eating ice cream and another couple finishing up their meal. One person was in front of me in line. We ordered a hot dog, hamburger, tuna wrap and chicken nuggets. Easy right? Nope we waited over 50 minutes for this gourmet treat. I popped into the cafe after 15 minutes to see if I could get the hot dog and chicken nuggets as my kids were going nuts, but they hadn't even started it yet. The only explanation I received for the delay was that the person before me had ordered the pasta. Huh? When we finally received our meal, the manager apologized profusely saying she was "shockingly embarrassed", but not restitution was offered. The meal itself was mediocre (obviously, given everything was processed). Wish I had read the reviews prior to our trip. Skip this location, there are plenty of other places to eat that won't waste your time.

• Visited December 2013
Cairns, Australia
“lousy coffee shocking service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I'm a local (40 years + ) in Kuranda and had the misfortune of grabbing a coffee on the way to work one morning, service was not just bad but bordering more on the side of offensively rude, the latte ordered was weak, totally flavourless and served with a side of can't be !#*!ed with you for absolutely free , this town relies heavily on tourism (shop hours 10am to 2.30/3.00pm) and once this venue has robbed you of your well earned dollar they know quite well they'll never see you again. Not only will I not be back , I will make a point of telling everyone I see toying with entering this premises how substandard everything is, my advice to tourists is eat/drink where the locals are, we're pretty easy to spot.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney
“Just don't go in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Looks ok, but take my advice and just don't enter. Rude manager/ owner, average food. If something is wrong, it's not the cafes fault, it's yours! Pathetic service for a town that relies on tourism!

• Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food was ok for the price but the service was abit slow although friendly and helpful. Kids loved the ice cream :)

Visited October 2012