“Very overpriced with management who have little care for the customer”

Kuranda Village Cafe Bar and Grill
Ranked #32 of 48 Restaurants in Kuranda
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Very overpriced with management who have little care for the customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

On a brief holiday and stopped for lunch at this cafe for lunch. Looked nice from the outside and the menu whilst not exciting looked ok if slightly expensive. Ordered lunch which was essentially sandwiches and one drink per person. This amounted to over $90 which I consider rather pricey for what it was. My 11 year old ordered a hotdog and chips which was delivered with a small pot of tomato sauce on the side which he used up eating his chips. He wanted some additional sauce for his hotdog which had nothing on it at all, it was simply presented as a franfurter on a bread roll. When I asked the waitress for some additional sauce I was told I could have it but it was I would need to pay an extra 50c. Had we spent $4 on food I would understand if they wanted to charge extra but having just spent over $90 on food and 1 drink each I thought this was a little extreme and objected in principle. The sauce was not provided and the request ignored so I went to the counter to make the request again; only to be told I would need to speak to the Management about it (seemed a little extreme for a tiny pottle of sauce). Anyway, the manager came out and told me all the reasons why they didn't just give people sauce and then told the waitress to "just give it to her then". Seemed like rather an extreme reaction when all we wanted was a relaxing lunch.

So apart from all that, the meals themselves were sizeable but bland. The attitude of the management suggests to me that it's all about the revenue not the experience. As a global traveller, I am embarassed that this cafe is in the same State in which I live.

My recommendation is to avoid this place.

• Visited October 2012