“Loved every bit of it”

$19.36*
Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome
Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Kuranda
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest butterfly flight aviary and exhibit in Australia - an all weather experience in the heart of the Kuranda village. Home to over 1500 magnificent butterflies, youll be enchanted by the arial dynamics of these elusive wonders of nature as you wonder through the aviary's rainforest gardens.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved every bit of it”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just as the title suggests, I loved every bit of the experience, worth seeing for sure. I always ensure when friends are visting that they make the trip up

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We did this for a rainy day activity and really found an amazing experience. The guide was very knowledgeable and there was so much to learn about butterflies. Magical!

Visited July 2013
Alice Springs
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Impressive variety and number of butterflies”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Visited with my Wife and two children. We enjoyed it other than my Son who wore a blue shirt so was attractive to the butterflies. Most people would have enjoyed this but he became frightened by the extra attention. He ended up waiting for us outside while we had a good look around. We spent about an hour looking at a large variety of butterflies and some moths. The place was educational and interesting.

Visited June 2013
Buddina QLD
“Butterfly Sanctuary”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family of two adults and two children enjoyed the sanctuary very much. The butterflys are beautiful and land on you which is enchanting. Wearing white or light coloured clothing seems to attract the butterfly. They are also have a hatching area which is interesting.

Visited July 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I was reluctant at first to spend $20 to look at butterflies but once inside I was pleasantly surprised and stayed a lot longer than anticipated. The sanctuary was full to the brim with various beautiful butterflies which provides many photo opportunities. They also landed all over me - I think it was because I was wearing white. I would recommend it.

Visited June 2013