“Not quite the same!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Kuranda, Australia
“Not quite the same!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our favourite coffee shop is now not quite the same, but still great food. New owners, one very quite and very polite, one very loud and very aggressive! Gone are the elegant coffees, now replaced with looney tune characters gone wrong? At least the food is still fabulous and the coffees still taste great, just look a bit funny? We are just sad that its changed, we were spoilt before. PS. Keep an eye out for the tall creepy guy.

Visited April 2013

Melbourne
“Good Food Friendly service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Traveling with a 4 year old who only wanted a cheese sandwich!
We found it here on the kids menu, our lunch was pretty good too.
Well done you guys! Great Coffee

Visited April 2013
“Regular diner since January 2012”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I have dined here quite regularly since early 2012 and I have to say that unfortunately it has become quite average since the change of ownership.
With the old owners it was fantastic and I would easily have given it 5 stars. Food was great value for money, staff were brilliant, you always got a wet flannel on your table, you ALWAYS got a bottle of water. It was that great that I would never have dreamed going anywhere else for breakfast.
Unfortunately not long after the change of ownership my husband and I, plus friends who were also regular, saw a gradual slide.
Food portions started to whittle down and sometimes not taste so great, (apart from the owners) staff seemed like they had somewhere more important to be, we have to ask for water and flannels now etc. I'll also mention that it took me 25 minutes for a coffee a few weeks ago and this was on a quiet Sunday morning. I had to ask where it was.
Unfortunately for a name like Village Vibe the Vibe seems to be slowly going downhill. We will definitely be trying somewhere new from now on.

Kuranda, Australia
“Nasty, and definitely not cheap!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I used to go to this cafe regularly and always enjoyed the food and service. However, new owners took over in September 2012 and things have really changed! I've been there twice in recent months and the prices have gone up but food quality and service have taken a huge dive. I had hoped after the first visit that I had just caught them on a 'bad day' so gave them another chance but never again. The coffee was terrible, we waited for ages to get our simple order, there was no hint of an appology and the wedges were cold and poorly fried. The woman who waited on us was rude and abrupt as she dumped the food down and hurriedly left. Everything about the experience was terrible and very disappointing after having had several years of delightful visits to this place in the past.

• Visited February 2013
Ubud, Indonesia
“Best Cafe in Kuranda!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a really cool cafe in Kuranda! The staff are super friendly and always greet me with a smile. The coffee is really good, as is the food. They open for breakfast at 7:30, which is super handy because most of Kuranda is not even open at that time. They also have free Wi-fi with any purchase.

• Visited February 2013