“Nice cake, but owner and staff being terrible”
Review of Coffee Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Coffee Kitchen
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Having visited this place for his nice cake but when the kids were finished with the cake the misery began. The owner and his wife were terrible in there communication and I cannot recommend this restaurant to anybody (unless you buy cake for takeaway).

Never faced such rude behavior in a restaurant at all!

2  Thank haktus

Reviewed July 24, 2012

A fellow Kuranda local and I went to this establishment on a Saturday morning recently and although we bought breakfast we were rudely refused a glass of tap water each. When I asked the lady serving us why it was not possible to get two glasses of water she became very defensive and argued that it was not polite to visit a cafe and then ask for free stuff. I was simply asking for a glass of water which, by law, they have to provide. Their food, particularly their pies, are very nice, but I won't ever go back there on principal because of their unbelievable attitude. Just don't go.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed the sausage roll and kangaroo pie. My wife had an omlette that was also good.

2  Thank FleetFoxPA
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great sausage rolls, and that lemon meringue - yum!!!

3  Thank shazmcc
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Must admit that not only that I was shock but speechless when I got told off for alerting the restuarant that they was a needle on the cusion of their dinning chair. We were eating our lunch all of a sudden my little started to cried, I got up and was wondering what was wrong with him. He shown me his little finger and was bleeding at the time, I though to myself what happen and turn around and saw a needle on the cusion of the dinning chair. He was in so much pain I immediately took him to what I believe is the owner of the cafe and to my surprise I was told shssss..... I then said to the owner he crying because there was a needle on your dining chair and I was dumpfounded when he told me off and said to me that I should look after my kid. Now, mind you my kid did not even went for a walk since we sat down. As we know now, he was crying because he cut his finger and tear his skin from the needle that was stuck on the chair but
according to him I should be blame instead.

I honestly think the owner is heartless and failled the duty of care. To me this restaurant is appalling and one should think twice before you dine there.